December

Discussion in 'Makena95'GT' started by Makena95'GT, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Makena95'GT

Makena95'GTWell Known MemberMember

On Monday I was asked to see what I could do about getting rid of all of the 10 gallon tanks and moving fish around. I managed to do that fairly easily. The. Today my boss bought 6 Convicts off of me and I moved the Convicts from the 20 gallon to the 40 gallon. 5 died due to aggression. They were all small. Theres a huge alpha male that got to them. I wasn't too upset. I needed to cut down on Convicts and he got some live food. Yay him.

I'm going to move all the guppies to the 40 gallon and all Convicts to 50 gallon. Try to get them all in one tank. Make feeding easier.

Delta the betta now has the 20 gallon to himself. He was getting frustrated with the mosquito fish. Lost coloring. Got stress stripes. He was getting his tail nipped :( he immediately colored up and lost the stripes when he acclimated :)

I'll see if anyone else wants convicts tomorrow or some guppies. Then I'll use the money to possibly get another type of Chichlid once I trim the population down. Woot! I want an Oscar so bad.

2. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I don't think you have room for an Oscar...

Your convicts will never stop breeding :D They're amazing like that. Good luck with the rest of your musical tanks.

3. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

Lol I'm hoping to one day get rid of all the Convicts. Get some more colorful cichlids maybe? Or maybe angelfish. But I'm scared they might be too fragile.
    I like the ghost knife fish. But is 50 gallons enough?

4. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Angels are Cichlids :D Really not that fragile.

Ghost knives get for too large for 50 gallon tanks.

5. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

Lol I actually JUST read that in another thread :p Angels are pretty, but would they be okay with other Cichlids? If not, what types of Cichlid would you suggest for a 50 gallon?

Boo :( those look so neat. One day I'll upgrade and get one >.>

6. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

7. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

Ooooo purdy!
    Any suggestions on khuli loaches or something similar? I love eel-like fish :D
    I'm starting to lean towards angelfish.
    A school of neons
    Some ghost catfish?
    Maybe other schooling fish... Hmm

8. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't do more than 2 Angels. they have a tendency to pair off and fight each other.

Don't do khuli's if you've got Convicts in the tank!

9. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

But if I do finally sell all the Convicts the Khuli's would be okay with a pair of Angels?

10. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

yeah, that should be fine

11. SugarJunkee

SugarJunkeeValued MemberMember

I love the look of khulis but not sure how out-and-about they are. I do know that our 2 botia kubotai and their good buddy yoyo loach are almost constantly playing. They're in a 37 gallon with lots of plants and a huge castle, so lots of places to hide, but they play all over the place, top to bottom. Really funny to watch them eat, too, they chase sinking flakes and slurp up bloodworms and anything else with those cute little whiskers wiggling non stop!

We just got our first 2 angels as well. Really smart, and very observant. They come up to the glass whenever we get close, and if I spin my computer chair towards them they turn around or come out of the plants and seem to watch me watching them hehe. Not sure if they'd tolerate active botia, since they're in a separate tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice