Deaths.

MatthewM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Overnight, my gourami suffering from dropsy died, i was expecting it. But my serpae, i didnt notice problems until last night, and before i could do anything, it is dead with the gouarmi. It isnt dropsy. I dont know what it is, but it doesnt look pretty...ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437228914.918942.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437228934.692196.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437228999.907943.jpg
It looks like there is an open sore on the one side, last night he had trouble staying normal. His tail would float up so he was almost standing on his nose, then he would correct, and float back again.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry for your losses.
It looks like he's bloated.... have you checked your parameters?
(I'm assuming you're using the API liquid test kit)

Nympxzie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Everything is like it should be. It's odd because I have 20 neons, so i would have expected them to get sick before my other fish.
Especially with the overall genetic weakness of neons I would have expected them to be goners too. If all is well now let's hope it stays that way. Sometimes weird stuff like this happens..good luck to you and the rest of your fish

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom