Dear Moderators and members of this fine forum - cry for help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meenu, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Facts: In the relatively short amount of time that I have been a member here, I have posted over 3000 times. I am on here at work, on here at home, and even on here when I should be asleep.

Discussion: Clearly, there should be an intervention. Or a whipping. Maybe revokation of my FL membership. At the least, a support group.

Solution:
    Does FL provide these services? If you don't, I see a bleak future for myself. I will have to find a reality TV show on VH1 to address my FishLore addiction.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. FishVixenValued MemberMember

Easy to do I joined in Feb and have about 150 post and was unable to post for about 2 weeks (and I'm just a novice) for so I can see a trend starting. Intervention where are you? Maybe hypnosis? :;dk

3. clickWell Known MemberMember

wow... We joined around the same time and I too tend to log in from work and home but I'm not even close to your posting record. Like MTS, I doubt there's a cure for Fishlore. Sorry but you'll have to suffer here with us, the other addicts :)

4. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

FishVixen - Give yourself 6 months. You'll be asking for help too. I think I post like 500 messages a month, and I am not even a mod. *sigh*

Click, you didn't become an unstoppable force. You did it right!

5. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

LOL... my job is in the fishroom now so I can be around pretty much all the time... good for the post count, bad for the addiction!

Meenu, you need more tanks and a Python. ;)

6. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I already have issues! You can't encourage even bigger ones. This is a solution area. You're just messing with me because youu want me to end up on VH1's reality show Intervention!!! :;laughing

7. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol Meenu I know the feeling. I've been a member sence January 2010...and I have a thousand posts.....when did that happen...o_O

Fishlore has caused be to go from a single little 5gal...too two 5gals, a 25gal, a 40gal, and two 1gal bowls....and I'm getting a 120gal in august...AHHHHH!:;a1

8. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

clearly, you need to be asking for help too. Your stats aren't as bad as mine, but they aren't pretty either. don't listen to harpua - she's an enabler.

9. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Harpua....suggesting more tanks o_O I think my house might explode with fish!

10. FishVixenValued MemberMember

I know what you mean! I started with 1 tank in Jan Now have 6 and sold one already to a friend in need. (they had a floor full of water fromm a 50 gal seam and fish were flopping in the gravel) and it's all fishlores fault I know it is! There is subliminal messages on the forums to buy new tanks! >:D

11. ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

Totally true, first thing I do in the morning and last thing before bed... I check this site. Oh, and in_between.

12. FishVixenValued MemberMember

Fishlore annonamous FA anyone? Daily 1 hour meetings at 12 noon EST.

13. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol I basically go to sleep and wake up with new tanks....XD

14. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

the MTS meeting is over there *pointing*

This meeting is for people with mPs (multiple Posting syndrome)

15. FishVixenValued MemberMember

But I need both meetings!!!!!

I just went tonight to see a aquarium shop I had never been to and after 1 1/2 hrs walked out with 3 female bettas and 2 males with 5-1 gal tanks. I'm now getting a betta addiction also. Have 8 now. HHMMM the bathroom doesn't have a tank yet!!!!! My poor roommate!

Ok folks I'm getting tired and slap happy so good night all!

16. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Thanks, vixen, for picking the support group. I know you had the whipping option, and membership revocation. *whew*

17. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

That or Harpua is sneaking into my house and leaving them there....lol Or unless its you Meenu!!! I knew it!;D

18. FishVixenValued MemberMember

No actually it's the fairy mermaid.

19. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

*gasp* :;jaws

20. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Meenu, give yourseld some slack...you were all but bed ridden for a while and was not working.