Dear Moderators and members of this fine forum - cry for help.

Meenu

Facts: In the relatively short amount of time that I have been a member here, I have posted over 3000 times. I am on here at work, on here at home, and even on here when I should be asleep.

Discussion: Clearly, there should be an intervention. Or a whipping. Maybe revokation of my FL membership. At the least, a support group.

Solution:
Does FL provide these services? If you don't, I see a bleak future for myself. I will have to find a reality TV show on VH1 to address my FishLore addiction.

FishVixen

Easy to do I joined in Feb and have about 150 post and was unable to post for about 2 weeks (and I'm just a novice) for so I can see a trend starting. Intervention where are you? Maybe hypnosis?

click

wow... We joined around the same time and I too tend to log in from work and home but I'm not even close to your posting record. Like MTS, I doubt there's a cure for Fishlore. Sorry but you'll have to suffer here with us, the other addicts

Meenu

FishVixen - Give yourself 6 months. You'll be asking for help too. I think I post like 500 messages a month, and I am not even a mod. *sigh*

Click, you didn't become an unstoppable force. You did it right!

harpua2002

LOL... my job is in the fishroom now so I can be around pretty much all the time... good for the post count, bad for the addiction!

Meenu, you need more tanks and a Python.

Meenu

harpua2002 said:
LOL... my job is in the fishroom now so I can be around pretty much all the time... good for the post count, bad for the addiction!

Meenu, you need more tanks and a Python.
I already have issues! You can't encourage even bigger ones. This is a solution area. You're just messing with me because youu want me to end up on VH1's reality show Intervention!!!

Furallicah

Lol Meenu I know the feeling. I've been a member sence January 2010...and I have a thousand posts.....when did that happen...o_O

Fishlore has caused be to go from a single little 5gal...too two 5gals, a 25gal, a 40gal, and two 1gal bowls....and I'm getting a 120gal in august...AHHHHH!

Meenu

Furallicah said:
Lol Meenu I know the feeling. I've been a member sence January 2010...and I have a thousand posts.....when did that happen...o_O
clearly, you need to be asking for help too. Your stats aren't as bad as mine, but they aren't pretty either. don't listen to harpua - she's an enabler.

Furallicah

Harpua....suggesting more tanks o_O I think my house might explode with fish!

FishVixen

I know what you mean! I started with 1 tank in Jan Now have 6 and sold one already to a friend in need. (they had a floor full of water fromm a 50 gal seam and fish were flopping in the gravel) and it's all fishlores fault I know it is! There is subliminal messages on the forums to buy new tanks! >

ppate1977

Totally true, first thing I do in the morning and last thing before bed... I check this site. Oh, and in_between.

FishVixen

Fishlore annonamous FA anyone? Daily 1 hour meetings at 12 noon EST.

Furallicah

Lol I basically go to sleep and wake up with new tanks....XD

Meenu

Furallicah said:
Lol I basically go to sleep and wake up with new tanks....XD
the MTS meeting is over there *pointing*

This meeting is for people with mPs (multiple Posting syndrome)

FishVixen

But I need both meetings!!!!!

I just went tonight to see a aquarium shop I had never been to and after 1 1/2 hrs walked out with 3 female bettas and 2 males with 5-1 gal tanks. I'm now getting a betta addiction also. Have 8 now. HHMMM the bathroom doesn't have a tank yet!!!!! My poor roommate!

Ok folks I'm getting tired and slap happy so good night all!

Meenu

FishVixen said:
Fishlore annonamous FA anyone? Daily 1 hour meetings at 12 noon EST.
Thanks, vixen, for picking the support group. I know you had the whipping option, and membership revocation. *whew*

Furallicah

Meenu said:
the MTS meeting is over there *pointing*

This meeting is for people with mPs (multiple Posting syndrome)
That or Harpua is sneaking into my house and leaving them there....lol Or unless its you Meenu!!! I knew it!;D

FishVixen

No actually it's the fairy mermaid.

Furallicah

*gasp*

Jaysee

Meenu, give yourseld some slack...you were all but bed ridden for a while and was not working.

Meenu

Jaysee said:
Meenu, give yourseld some slack...you were all but bed ridden for a while and was not working.
Yet I was working today and still managed to rack up 56 posts :-[ and have PM conversations with 3 people.

So maybe what I need to do is wean myself off.... start out with every other day on FL, and the days in-between wishing I was on FL.

Furallicah

ROFL Meenu, you know you can't stay off this site....its to addicting and the people are to friendly! Trust me back last month when I wasn't able to get on for a week I thought I was going to die! But I have to say....being at work and 56 posts...lol I managed 34 myself....but I wasn't at work. XD

Lucy

I don't want to hear any complaints about post count.
I keep hoping, at some point the system will subtract one for every post make!

Meenu

Lucy said:
I don't want to hear any complaints about post count.
I keep hoping, at some point the system will subtract one for every post make!
oohhh, you're on to something. If Mike could figure out a way to do that, I could stay on FL without shame.

Furallicah

I like seeing my post count....even if it does make me feel addicted and like I spend way to much time one the computer....and I end up not doing any of my homework...lol

bubblynutter

OK this is creepy. I just spent 10 minutes trawling through this thread thinking (I am well on my way to becoming Meenu).
At least I can't even begin to compete with Lucy - that is INSANE WOMAN!

I definitely spend most of my waking hours on FL, but at least I am still mostly in the reading & absorbing phase, rather than providing tonns of advice. Look out when (if) that happens!!

Meenu

bubblynutter said:
OK this is creepy. I just spent 10 minutes trawling through this thread thinking (I am well on my way to becoming Meenu).
At least I can't even begin to compete with Lucy - that is INSANE WOMAN!

I definitely spend most of my waking hours on FL, but at least I am still mostly in the reading & absorbing phase, rather than providing tonns of advice. Look out when (if) that happens!!
don't worry, fishvixen set up support group meetings.

Jaysee

Meenu said:
Yet I was working today and still managed to rack up 56 posts :-[ and have PM conversations with 3 people.

So maybe what I need to do is wean myself off.... start out with every other day on FL, and the days in-between wishing I was on FL.
56!!!!! It's a good thing PMs don't count

Meenu

Jaysee said:
56!!!!! It's a good thing PMs don't count
:shock:no kidding! between you, furaliccah, and bb, I'd be up to 90!

Aquarist

Suffer Missy! ROFL

Ken

TedsTank

The First 3 steps
Step one: Say no to one post.
Step two: Do not log in at least one day a month.
Step three: Do not email a friend and have them read posts to you.

During these first 3 steps you will notice:
But I had to answer that post, what if no one else goes online today.
Oh, I thought one month was up.
I made a new login and forgot to tell anyone who I really am.
I'm sure something must be wrong with my tank.
I know I saw babies in there.

After a month or 2 of following these step, you will have failed Dr. Ted's fish rehab. Don't worry, in a year or 2 may try again or after all the above sysptoms are under control (ya think?).

Tigerfishy

Lol you guys, this is crazy!!!

Now I think I need these meetings too, BUT if my calculations are correct, the meeting times are just when I'm leaving work! Hiow much use is that? You guys are going to leave me to suffer MTS & MPS with no help... I fear I may lose my mind, but hahahahahaha it will be everyone here that sees the results!

I don't have as many posts as Meenu, but I'm not on at weekends when I have most time. I can only imagine what I'd be on in that case!

bolivianbaby

Meenu, we can suffer together.

Any "down time" at work puts me on Fishlore. It's the first thing I do in the morning when I wake up (I wake up earlier so I have time to log on), it's always up when I'm home. I check it in between water changes and while waiting for my water parameter tests to finalize and it's the last thing I check before I go to bed.

I'm not sure what type of intervention would be needed to help us.

Meenu

TedsTank said:
The First 3 steps
Step one: Say no to one post.
Step two: Do not log in at least one day a month.
Step three: Do not email a friend and have them read posts to you.

During these first 3 steps you will notice:
But I had to answer that post, what if no one else goes online today.
Oh, I thought one month was up.
I made a new login and forgot to tell anyone who I really am.
I'm sure something must be wrong with my tank.
I know I saw babies in there.

After a month or 2 of following these step, you will have failed Dr. Ted's fish rehab. Don't worry, in a year or 2 may try again or after all the above sysptoms are under control (ya think?).
Ummm... Dr. Ted, since I logged in first thing this morning, I've already failed. Maybe I need baby steps - like I go from 56 posts yesterday to 54 today. (And do PMs and messages on my visitor page count?)

Tigerfishy, you don't really need help, but if you feel like you want it, we'll take copious notes and pass them along (or you can quit your job, come to the meetings, and have more time to spend of FL )

And BB, I saw your post count...you need help as badly as I do.

Tigerfishy

Meenu, trust me I have no objections to that theory, I sit here and it is the only fun I get all day! I just need a different TYPE of job.

I sit on this site for 8 hours each day, mostly reading and absorbing, occasionally attacking the answer (as Furallicah puts it lol, it's a great way of describing my massive screeds of supposed "help"!) Personally I see 8 hours as excessive. OK, OK, honestly, more OBSESSIVE then! When someone's on my phone taking their time to get to the point, I keep up with Paige's egyptian tank, Rae's engineering genius ideas and MMs babies. At lunch, I browse the general discussion, and the livebearer section. After this, I get to the unanswered posts, usually not able to help! Then I go to new posts to keep up on threads I've already been to!

OH GOD, I EVEN HAVE A SCHEDULE FOR IT!!!!

I'm going to stop typing now and restrain myself for the next hour! Possibly...

navyscuba

No comments but wait I got this for ya

FishVixen

HHHMMMMMm, I zee I gotto research to find ze cure to this new phychosis. I need to get to my dungeon ah I mean office to research! This iz much more contagious tham I thought. Epidemic proportions I see. Ve must combat this phychosis.

Meenu

For God's sake, never mind. I don't need help. I am trying out my new blackberry, and it is slowing me down plenty.

Tigerfishy

Aw, but I'm here for the meeting!! (Finishing at 6 on a Fri, awful...). And I have a break, I had to laugh after my post this morning about never being here at the British tI'm eequivalent...
Meenu, I'm sure you will lose patience eventually and return to a pc, laptop, whichever system you use. You've not posted in 7 mins

FishVixen

AH one of the first symptoms of addiction to FL. 1 step is admit addiction to FL.

Top Bottom