Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Dealing With Multiple Tank Syndrom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donovan Jones, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

Long story short, I could fill like 20 tanks right now with the number of ideasi have, but I lack the funds to do so. How you guys deal with mts?
    I wanna do so many things but my parents will kill me if I get more tanks. Right now I have a colony of heterandria formosa, but I wanna get my live food tank going, a paradise fish tank, a Spanish ribbed newt, African clawed frog, rice fish, sparkling gourami, nano natives like elassoma and leptolucania ommata, a pea puffer, central mudminnows, and so much more, and the problem is mostll fit in 10s, and those tanks are like potato chips to me...easy to get a bunch set up.
    PLEASE HELP WE NEED A SUPPORT GROUP

2. fish 321Well Known MemberMember

My mom keeps my mts under control she is only allowing me to have my main tank and a quarantine tank and possibly another next year.

3. AJEFishlore VIPMember

I think to my self, I’ll have all the tanks I want once I have my own place I can wait. I’m going to move out in a couple years. So no point in spending money on something you will only enjoy for a little while

4. firesflighttWell Known MemberMember

yep. my situation exactly.
    i really want a bigger tank someday, when i move out :)

5. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

That's worse yet for me. I'll spend my money on fish not bills or savings lol.

6. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

Best thing to do is practice your carpentry skills, and build a multi-tiered rack system.

But first go over to Petco and get some more $1/gallon tanks since they went on sales again .

Organization, efficient use of space and ease of maintenance are key factors when forming an MTS action plan.....

Or were you asking to help curb MTS.....

Ha!

7. fish 321Well Known MemberMember

I don't think your helping his parents out but good idea.

8. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

Yeah that is a good idea, but not when I need to stop buying tanks lol. I have 2 tens, a 20 high, and a 2.5, but only a 10 and 20 up and running cuz I'm out of plugs lol. If I add anymore my mom gonna get a meter and bill me