Almost 2 weeks in with Tetra Safe Start and my ammonia is sky high (almost 8.0) which would have rendered the bacteria useless. Decided to do a 75% water change out of fear for my 6 tiger barbs. After pre treating water and matching the temp best I could, they are all currently dying one by one. I thought water changes were good. Ive heard of water shock or ph shock but how does anyone change their water ever without death? I'm unbelievably disheartened after all this. Just might hang up the towel. I didnt want to take fish lives in this hobby. I wanted to care for them.