Dead Snail Help

Discussion in 'Snails' started by BrittanyLeigh, Apr 10, 2018.

1. B

BrittanyLeigh New Member Member

Ok so I got some mystery snails and one of them seemed to be off from the time I brought them home. He didn't move much but he did a little and I did see him eat. Past few days he's just been in his shell so I decided to give him a few day cuz I did just add stuff to their tank and he might just be stressed. But today I did a smell check and he smelled horrible and the little trap door I believe it's called just slid off. So my question is do i need to do a complete whole tank cleaning or what? It's my first time having any kind of fish or aquatic animals and I don't want the others to get sick.

2. Rojer Ramjet

Rojer Ramjet Well Known Member Member

Toss out the deadite; do a nice 50% change today with treated water. Tomorrow, do a 10%, then measure your tank water chemistry; develop a replacement schedule based off what you see tomorrow.

Snails die; just how it is. With any luck, the survivors will start breeding soon.

3. OP
    OP
    B

BrittanyLeigh New Member Member

Ok so I'm doin what you said and they all seem to be doin just fine. Will keep monitoring them though. Thank you for the help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice