Dead pregnant platy

Gkopka
Just found our pregnant platy dead in bottom of the tank, she seemed fine in the beginning i wadnt sure if she was pregnant or it was bloat, I took pictures and videos to a fish store and they all said pregnant. She had the boxed shape and a bulge back by the back fin,dont see any babies. Dont know if she got stuck and drowed,but her backend looked not good at all so who knows what happened!

3876T
There can be 3 reasons
1. Stress
Platies can get stressed during pregnancy, so if u don't separate them from other fishes
she may die from stress

2. bad luck
Platies sometime struggle with pregnancy, she maybe too young and couldn't deliver her babies properly

3. water condition
ok this one is unlikely, platies are generally hardy fishes
unless ur water is very very poor

Gkopka
3876T said:
There can be 3 reasons
1. Stress
Platies can get stressed during pregnancy, so if u don't separate them from other fishes
she may die from stress

2. bad luck
Platies sometime struggle with pregnancy, she maybe too young and couldn't deliver her babies properly

3. water condition
ok this one is unlikely, platies are generally hardy fishes
unless ur water is very very poor
Thanks for yor replys, I looked closer when taking her out she was very messed up in the nether areas so maybe there are babies somewhere that may show up. Wanted to post pictures of the live fish but it wouldn't let me, not sure why.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom