Dead Pets Into Diamonds!

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Pet owners can now turn their dead animals into diamonds. The service is being offered by the Pet Crematorium CPC in England and will run you between $4,000 and $25,000 depending on the size of the diamond. The gems are made using carbon from the pet's ashes. Company spokesman, Duncan Francis said, "Having a stunning diamond created from the pet's ashes provides an everlasting link which some people find very comforting." (Ananova)

I dunno if it's just me, but the thought of wearing 'bling' made from Rover's remains seems a tad twisted!!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i've heard this somewhere before too. very odd! apparently they can do human remains too.....even more odd in my opinion! the diamonds come out with a slight tinge of colour to them (cant remember which colour though). read it in a magazine ages ago and i have a terrible memory!.each to their own eh!!!! :-\

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Strange! I'm not sure I would want to wear a ring made out of my dead cat or dog...ugh.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Why not? we wear diamonds made from dead dinosaurs don't we?
Carol
(yes it is a bit odd )

guppygranny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Amazing the things people come up with to expensively exploit other people's grief. Sad. A diamond can't replace the memory of a cherished pet. Guppygranny

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That would be just a little creepy wearing your dead pet's ashes....

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So bizarre!!! Each to his own i guess!! :-\

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
weird stuff, however... my dad in new zealand use to bury all our pets (over many years) below the grapevine and boy did that grapevine grow!!! and the nicest tasting grapes too.... i hope thats not weird but every time we ate grapes we use to think of of pets with fond memories...

dazzler

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice way to remember them
Carol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Indeed

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Maybe there are people who would like that idea, but I personally find it disgusting and repulsive. I believe that after a person or an animal dies, it's best to find it a good resting place (i.e. in the ground), where its body can "rest in peace". Or cremate the body (depending on your personal beliefs). Imagine wearing or having something with the remains of a dead person or animal ... isn't that going to make you grieve more and keep reminding you of the loss? I personally couldn't do such a thing ... yuck.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom