Dead otto catfish

Wrona0306

Hi everyone
I have heavly planted tank and one otto died in my fish tank for shure, i cant find his wee body anywere and im worried he start rot and poison water. In this tank i have 10 amano shrimps and will like know this amano will eat dead fish and sorted my problem or im in big trouble. He died last sunday. This is pic of my tank to show you is no chance find him

Attachments

• 20210508_105415.jpg
    20210508_105415.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 26

MacZ

No worries, with that much plants and the Amanos the maximum you will see is a slight rise in NO3 in a week, maybe a minisule amount of foam (a few bubbles tops) and nothing else. But in a tank so clean, I am not surprised it died. There is basically no biofilm and aufwuchs, little guy must have starved to death.

Upvote 0

Wrona0306

No worries, with that much plants and the Amanos the maximum you will see is a slight rise in NO3 in a week, maybe a minisule amount of foam (a few bubbles tops) and nothing else. But in a tank so clean, I am not surprised it died. There is basically no biofilm and aufwuchs, little guy must have starved to death.
No no no my friend hi was fidding with algee wafers and blanchet qourgetts. I always look after my fish. Just things happend and was his time to go i thing.

Upvote 0

MacZ

This is not about bad husbandry, you got me wrong. Otos are prone to that problem. Most Otos that die just starved, even with supplementory feeding. That's all and not your fault.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kweve47
  • Question
Replies
Views
LotusWhispers
Replies
Views
BenjiBear