Dead Or Dying - Can They Be Saved? Question

Discussion in 'More Saltwater Aquarium Topics' started by nicholowen, May 27, 2019.

1. nicholowen New Member Member

Hi all,

I'm quite new to SW tanks, but been keeping fresh water tropicals for a while now. I have just inherited a salt water aquarium from a family member who is moving overseas.

I have inherited a 450L/120gal sw tank approximately 2 weeks ago. Tank currently contains 2 clowns and a bunch of rock which have a few things including a - what I am lead to believe is a toadstool leather - a yellow unknown coral/sponge thing. During the move, we were unable to keep the temperature high enough for a number of the buckets we were transporting the rock in, unfortunately the 2 non-fish organisms I mentioned got pretty cold, and 2 weeks on, are not doing so well. I have added some images of lifeforms in their very sad state, but I fear there is no coming back for them. If possible, would anyone be able to tell me if these things are dead or dying? and if they are still even a little alive, be able to come back from their current state?

TLDR: Pictures show some things that are or are dying - would like to know if they will come back

Saying that, the salinity was lacking till a few days ago when I've finally been able to get a hold of some salt - and tested levels seem to be fine (a little high in nitrates only).

Water Parameters:
    Temp 25.1c / 77.3f
    Salinity - just under 35%
    PH - 7.8
    Ammonia - 0
    Nitrite - 0
    Nitrate - 0
    (Yes - nitrogen cycle is complete - this tank has been established for well over a year)

If anyone can help identify the yellow thing, and let me know if they are dead in the water, that'd be super great!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. nicholowen New Member Member