Darn ninja bettas!

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I had a bit of spare time so I was testing the parameters of all my tanks. I went to get water samples from the 10 gallon, and as soon as I walked in the room, my heart stopped - Vlad was on the wrong side! This is the second time he's made a visit to Boris' pad. He's always been much more argumentative, flaring at Boris through the divider when Boris wants nothing to do with Vlad. I was like, "Oh jeez oh jeez oh jeez" as I ran towards the tank, and started frantically searching for Boris...and he was on the other side!

Darn ninja bettas switching sides. I saw the problem; there was an MTS trapped in the groove along the edge of the divider (I have the Top Fin one, for those who know what I'm talking about) so I nudged the divider to set him free, and I guess I didn't replace it quite right as there was a tiny gap, just enough to let a betta slip through.

I decided to let them stay on their new sides, as it's good to let them have a change of scenery from time to time. I think Boris might be nipping his fins out of boredom; the edge of his caudal fin looks a little shreddy, but it does't look like finrot, and it isn't just a split. So maybe this will help keep him entertained for a bit.

hssea

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL...silly boys !!!! Enjoyed reading about their antics !!

nippybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think they're messing with you. They're seeing if you'll notice when they switch sides. They'll be tank-hopping soon.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
LOL seeing as the other tanks are in different rooms, that would be pretty impressive!

DaveC426913

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you SURE they switched sides? Perhaps they just turned the tank around when your back was turned..

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Those naughty boys maybe they were playing a game of musical tanks

Vlad maybe could have caught his fin whilst he was starting his vacation to the other side

bankruptjojo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
get a lees divider they are much better. I also like using a plastic folder, I got a big drawing folder. and use that for the divider. they can't see each other but in a few places along the bottom where you have to cut it and put some mesh so water can flow threw. I felt 2 of my bettas were getting fin rot because they were so stressed form flaring non stop at each other.

funny story though, I know a few of my bettas came face to face on accident during cleaning lol. always a scary moment.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A scary moment indeed! My boyfriend is going to make a tank divider out of acrylic when we have more time (most likely during winter break), so that should be much more stable.

New Threads