Darn ninja bettas!

Discussion in 'kinezumi89' started by kinezumi89, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
    I had a bit of spare time so I was testing the parameters of all my tanks. I went to get water samples from the 10 gallon, and as soon as I walked in the room, my heart stopped - Vlad was on the wrong side! This is the second time he's made a visit to Boris' pad. He's always been much more argumentative, flaring at Boris through the divider when Boris wants nothing to do with Vlad. I was like, "Oh jeez oh jeez oh jeez" as I ran towards the tank, and started frantically searching for Boris...and he was on the other side!

Darn ninja bettas switching sides. I saw the problem; there was an MTS trapped in the groove along the edge of the divider (I have the Top Fin one, for those who know what I'm talking about) so I nudged the divider to set him free, and I guess I didn't replace it quite right as there was a tiny gap, just enough to let a betta slip through.

I decided to let them stay on their new sides, as it's good to let them have a change of scenery from time to time. I think Boris might be nipping his fins out of boredom; the edge of his caudal fin looks a little shreddy, but it does't look like finrot, and it isn't just a split. So maybe this will help keep him entertained for a bit. :)

2. Cichlidnut

CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +165
    :;nin I think they are teasing you!

3. hssea

hsseaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    LOL...silly boys !!!! Enjoyed reading about their antics !!

4. lllllblader

lllllbladerWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Experience:
    1 year
    :anim_63:

5. nippybetta

nippybettaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +12
    Experience:
    1 year
    I think they're messing with you. They're seeing if you'll notice when they switch sides. They'll be tank-hopping soon.:eek:

6. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
    LOL seeing as the other tanks are in different rooms, that would be pretty impressive! :giggle:

7. DaveC426913

DaveC426913Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Are you SURE they switched sides? Perhaps they just turned the tank around when your back was turned..:p

8. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
  9. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +21
    Experience:
    4 years
    Those naughty boys maybe they were playing a game of musical tanks ;)

Vlad maybe could have caught his fin whilst he was starting his vacation to the other side ;)

10. bankruptjojo

bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +49
    Experience:
    2 years
    get a lees divider they are much better. i also like using a plastic folder, i got a big drawing folder. and use that for the divider. they cant see each other but in a few places along the bottom where you have to cut it and put some mesh so water can flow threw. i felt 2 of my bettas were getting fin rot because they were so stressed form flaring non stop at each other.

funny story though, i know a few of my bettas came face to face on accident during cleaning lol. always a scary moment.

11. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
    A scary moment indeed! My boyfriend is going to make a tank divider out of acrylic when we have more time (most likely during winter break), so that should be much more stable.