Dark Spot On Dg Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Billy T, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Billy T

Billy TValued MemberMember

DG has dark spot on tail with kind of a bump. I have marineland all in one, have setup a sterolite bin with a heater and a little sponge filter and I added some aquarium salt but haven’t moved him yet, waiting for water to heat. Should I treat him in the qt with the all in one and treat my 10G or leave him in the 10G and treat it. Also 3 guppies in there

2. Ryan P

Ryan PValued MemberMember

DG as in dwarf gourami?
    Read about DG Disease or also known as Iridovirus. Seriously hoping that's not the case but there's a high probability that it is. I'm sorry to hear that

3. OP
    OP
    Billy T

Yes he’s a powder blue dg. Thought he was one of the coolest looking fish. After I got him I seen about the dg disease. He’s been awesome for a month, no problems and just noticed this. Idk

Don’t really think it’s DG disease he’s still hogging out, not shy, not hiding. So idk just wondering how to treat him, like I asked above?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018
  4. Ryan P

Same species on mine, he was fine for the first month also but didn't last long and passed away after another month. keep an eye on him, mine started showing bumps that eventually became lesions, but still active and eating, after 2 days when I noticed the 3rd bump he stopped being active and later that night was gulping air on the top a lot then 30mins after saw him passed away. Again keep doing the QT if you have the means and hoping the best for your guy

5. OP
    OP
    Billy T

Thanks for the advice. Really stinks, I think they’re cool fish

6. Ryan P

They sure are! My wife cried when we lost our. We've now got a Pearl Gourami, but this guy is still warming up and still very shy, so we really miss our very active and funny Powder Blue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice