DARK RAMS

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Figured that since many people are searching 'Dark Rams' this would be an excellent way to share some the dark / black rams members on this forum have ..
Here is one from a customer of mine [Damon] that looks too good to not share .. He sent me this picture and permission to use it so had to share ..
Pretty dark huh ?;)
1571571457155.png

This guy is from my 9/11/18 F1s ...
They are an interesting and challenging fish ..

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While I am sure that is a nice black fish, I think most of the darkness is due to poor lighting for the photograph. Even a dark fish would have details like an eye and gill cover.

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh I seen pics from corals tanks he has some dark rams they are beautiful! If it was bad lighting the background would be darker in my opinion.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While I am sure that is a nice black fish, I think most of the darkness is due to poor lighting for the photograph. Even a dark fish would have details like an eye and gill cover.
I rated your post funny...
They're a tough to photo fish .. At least for me ? That was a buddies pic he emailed me ..
So you provoked me to take pics ...
Here is how I got these pics [2 leds enough light ?]

^ The set up ^

^^ They are much harder to see with light background ?? Maybe the flash did not go off like in the others ??^^

They do show better with dark blue back ground ..

Oh I seen pics from corals tanks he has some dark rams they are beautiful! If it was bad lighting the background would be darker in my opinion.
Thank you very much !;)
Keep the faith !

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm in love with apistogramma but omg you make me want a group of your black rams in my 29 instead of apistogramma. Lol but all your rams are beautiful seen your fish room its amazing how many rams you have in tanks! I am the type to dive head first. I'd love an apistogramma fish room like your rams!

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I rated your post funny...
They're a tough to photo fish .. At least for me ? That was a buddies pic he emailed me ..
So you provoked me to take pics ...
Here is how I got these pics [2 leds enough light ?]

^ The set up ^

^^ They are much harder to see with light background ?? Maybe the flash did not go off like in the others ??^^

They do show better with dark blue back ground ..

Thank you very much !;)
Keep the faith !
Absolutely stunning! The dark rams I've seen have been nowhere near that nice!

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The pectoral fins in CB's photos are quite visible, and the eye has a distinct outline, so are you saying that the friend's fish apparently has no pectoral fins, and no eye? The background is well lit, but there is no front lighting on the fish. The same thing can happen when you have auto settings that adjust for an average between the background and the foreground. In fact, the excellent color of the fish is probably why the photo came out poor.

As I said, it is obviously a nice dark fish, but the photography was a bit lacking. It was an honest critique of the photo, pointing out technical flaws.

Cale24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Can't take much credit apart from buying from a good breeder, but I'm pretty pleased with my pair. Female not as nice but I'm yet to get a non blurry photo of her. Have a few more on order, 4 weeks.
The bare bottom, white painted tank does tend to reflect a bit on the fish underside but the pair are very dark. Aged around 7 months in the pics.
Never black substrate or backgrounds for dark/ black rams!

@coralbandit I refer people (living in the US) to your Aquabid if they're after them. See people on Reddit trying to get them now and again.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom