Dark day for me

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
In the short period of time here I've had some times that conversations went well and times not so much but I had a heart breaker today. Well it started two weeks ago when I got laid off from my job. Filling for unemployment is a pain so no money means I had to shut down my cichlid room. 1 copper Oscar, 1 BP, 2 Jack Dempseys, 1 Midas, 1 firemouth, 2 convicts. All surrendered to my lfs. My silver dollars now reside at my sister's house but the other guys were the ones I loved most. Didn't really want to let them go but it's hopefully better for them this way. You ever see a grown man cry lol. Well I don't go full out but it was hard to walk out without them considering all the time effort and energy I put in them. Raised then ask from shy fry scared of people to the behemoths that show their appreciation. All in all we have our own ways of doing he things that work for us we argue we agree we even throw cheap shots but we all do it for the love of the hobby and the love of our pets. I hope everyone's tanks are thriving and well even if your fish suck.

OP
Pridedcloth3

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would've never imagined it. Here on saint Louis it's hard to get the basic aquarium chemicals and additives from places like PetSmart and Petco so I was forced to spend the extra money at the lfs who are great people but I couldn't afford it anymore and I refuse to just watch them die. So it was my only option.

Jon Crosby

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Its a shame your LFS couldn't board them for you until you got back onto your feet again!

Hopefully it all picks back up where ever you are!

OP
Pridedcloth3

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jon Crosby said:
Its a shame your LFS couldn't board them for you until you got back onto your feet again!

Hopefully it all picks back up where ever you are!
I doubt it hope yeah but not expecting it. I work in railroad manufacturing and with the looting and all the destruction nobody wants to build anything so that put about 800 of us out of work.

Debbie1986

Well Known
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this.

I lost a job of 19+ years a few years back. It was soul crushing. I was facing losing my house & dogs. You have to do what you can to survive. Just live day by day and keep your chin up.

New Threads