Dan's Tank Of Mistakes

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been noticing a slower flow and a funny kind of taste, so... I changed the filters out on the RO unit. Its been what 4-5 months and they were so dirty. No wonder why the water tasted so bad!! Its no fun to change them but better that than trying to drink the city water! I am sure my babys will thank me for doing that. :;bananawater :happy:

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Forgot I had a picture of my Oscar. Hes about 7 inches now. Maybe a bit longer. He isn't camera happy and i have to snick up on him. Forget the tape measure! Now if i have some shrimp...

Attachments

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Today i did something different. I feed my babys Crickets!! Now you talk about crazy.. All the babys were having fun!!! First time i did that, but i think i will do that more often. I bought them frozen Krill for Christmas and the crickets were a Thanksgiving treat! I really loved them trying to get one in there mouth! All four banging into each other trying to get just one. I bought small ones this time. I think i will get the big ones for them next time. Who said fish are boring?? :p;)

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi folks, I am needing info in my Albino Oscar. He seems to be loosing his sight. The other fish will come right up for there food but the oscar is just looking like he is just a fixture in the tank. Even putting food in front of him will not bite. If i let it drop right beside him around the eye he will go after it. I am worried he is going blind. Any ideas would help right now, Wd

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
wd67 said:
Hi folks, I am needing info in my Albino Oscar. He seems to be loosing his sight. The other fish will come right up for there food but the oscar is just looking like he is just a fixture in the tank. Even putting food in front of him will not bite. If i let it drop right beside him around the eye he will go after it. I am worried he is going blind. Any ideas would help right now, Wd
I have a betta with partially lost sight, though she is not totally blind. Whatever I feed her has to either be in my fingers (she can see my big fingers but not the food) or touched against her mouth for her to bite it. If your oscar won't come up to the surface for food, you'll have to go to him to feed him. A fish food wand would work, but keep in mind the other fish might figure out the whole wand deal and eat the food before the oscar has the chance. You might have to give him his own tank if this ends up being the case and if you can't distract the other fish long enough to make sure the oscar gets to it. Keep an eye on his weight and make sure he's not losing any. There are types of wands you can buy online, and the big 10-inch tongs used to feed reptiles would also work ($7 on Chewy) depending on the food you feed, but I'm sure there's a way to DIY if you were so determined.

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the reply. From what I see, he is partly blind in both eyes. Sometimes he seems to have good vision and then he starts bumping into stuff. He will stay in one place above the rock on the left side for hours. He used to come right to the front of the tank doing the dog dance. He just don't seem to see me. If he goes completely blind, I will have to feed him by hand for sure. It's a shame. Will keep a eye on him about the loss of weight. Thanks again, Dan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom