Dan's Tank Of Mistakes

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it went good. Have some pain and doped up pretty good. Sleepy and am going to do that. Later, WD67

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it went good. Have some pain and doped up pretty good. Sleepy and am going to do that. Later, WD67
Oh! I thought it was going to be on Wednesday. I guess you just meant that you would still be in the hospital on Wednesday? Anyways I’m so happy everything went well. Take care of yourself.

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh! I thought it was going to be on Wednesday. I guess you just meant that you would still be in the hospital on Wednesday? Anyways I’m so happy everything went well. Take care of yourself.
Should have been out Wednesday. They are keeping me till tomorrow for the draining still showing some bloody discharge. They want to remove the tube before letting me go. Getting the catheter out today. Some pt. Be glad when I am home. Let you know when i am back to the house. Wd67

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Am home. Fish fed. None seem to be in any harm so all's good. Laying down for now. Neck hurts waiting for pills to kick in. See you around, wd67

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Am home. Fish fed. None seem to be in any harm so all's good. Laying down for now. Neck hurts waiting for pills to kick in. See you around, wd67
Yay! I’m glad you are back home. Heal up, friend and keep on top of that pain medicine. Better to prevent pain than reactively treat it.

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, i know. Am having a bit of issue with figuring the amount of turn from left to right and up and down. Also finding that my arms hurt my neck area when i am trying to pull myself up front a reclined position. I do have enough turn that i can see out both rear mirrors on the truck. Note: didn't drive it just checked it out. I won't be able to drive till i am pretty much off the pain meds. I am getting tired and just took a pain pill so i am going to get off and go lay down for a nap. Latter, Sheldon13

Sheldon13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, i know. Am having a bit of issue with figuring the amount of turn from left to right and up and down. Also finding that my arms hurt my neck area when i am trying to pull myself up front a reclined position. I do have enough turn that i can see out both rear mirrors on the truck. Note: didn't drive it just checked it out. I won't be able to drive till i am pretty much off the pain meds. I am getting tired and just took a pain pill so i am going to get off and go lay down for a nap. Latter, Sheldon13
Lol definitely no driving for you! It’s good to know you can though, In case of an emergency. Are you alternating pain medicine? I assume you have some version of hydrocodone/acetaminophen combination. If you weren’t advised against it, you should be alternating with ibuprofen. Like if your prescription is every 6 hours, then give ibuprofen on the alternating 6 hours. (Ex prescription at noon, ibuprofen at 3pm, prescription at 6pm, ibuprofen at 9pm and so on). By the way I’m a perianesthesia nurse ;)

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, I can't take ibuprofen. Don't ask why but something to do with drugs i take i think. Had a bad reaction a few years ago. Also they did not want to give me anything but hydrocodone. Also antibiotics. And a steroid of some kind. Deb takes care of the meds I try and keep from hurting myself. I am finding it very hard to lay down in bed and use my tablet so i am in my office or man cave whatever using my computer. I am finding that i am getting a stiff neck. I hope i will get some of my movement back when the swelling goes down. I almost wish they had done this back in 1993 when i had the first surgery's done. I go back in a few weeks for another surgery on my lower back. I just hope this is really worth it.
Tested the water last night late, Nitrates are a bit high at 40ppm but everything else is good so i am going to try and leave it till Saturday. Have a friend who can help me do a water change. Just this bit up and i am getting more pain so i am back out of here for now, Back later, Dan

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tested water. nitrates high at 80pmm and ph drop to about 7.2. Tomorrow is waterchange day. Wife is going to help with this. Should be fun.... :;bananawater

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I will, but it needs to be done. This is gonna be fun...

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That won't happen. I am limited to 10 pds max. Deb don't want me lifting even that, so I won't be doing that. I have 2 drinking water hoses from the rv that I can use for the water change. I can gravel wash with one of the 5 gallon buckets. I am thinking about getting a python to do my changes with. Anyway, I have this for now and will get the filters done and water clean. Later, wd67

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This will be my first. A 25 footer will work for me.

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow, i really need to do a major water change!! I have a .50 ppm of Ammonia and 40 ppm of nitrate. Ph 7.5 and no nitrites. Thats the highest i have seen in my tank since i started this tank!! I added prime to help till i can change this evening. need help with this one! I think about 75% change should do it.

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One 75% waterchange done. Be glad when i get the Python!! This thing of using water hoses from outside to the tank inside is getting old fast. Got the prefilters cleaned and tank back up and fish swimming again. yey!!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
One 75% waterchange done. Be glad when i get the Python!! This thing of using water hoses from outside to the tank inside is getting old fast. Got the prefilters cleaned and tank back up and fish swimming again. yey!!
Thats a win!.... Yes get a python or even the Aqueon equivalent its a game changer.... I've been running my 25' Aqueon for close to 3 years without a hitch its perfect.

wd67

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, I plan to for early Christmas. Even using the hoses and as easy it is, its a pain to do that. I end up taking a bath and thats fine in the summer but in the winter...not!! My bathroom is the next room over from the fish room. The sink is already set up for it so I just need the funds to do it. :;bananawater

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom