Danios being hyper?

Terabyte

Added 10 danios to my tank last weekend, and only ended up losing one (pretty good for petsmart stock at least around here) and they've been settling in nicely. I'm noticing behavior i've never really seen in them though. In my 65 gallon (tall) tank I have two canister filters, one that is just plain Jane regular setup and everything, but on the second one I took the outlet nozzle off so the outlet tube just flows straight down to the substrate. I did this since this tank is an absolute skyscraper and not much water flow gets down to the substrate and plants otherwise, and it seems to be doing a good job lifting detritus so far. I don't know if these danios are just being like this because they are small/young, or if they love playing in the downward flow, but they WON'T GET OUT OF MY PLANTS. Under the downward flow I have a pretty big bush of about 4 crypts and this rock I covered in moss. They just absolutely love gliding over this rock and darting in between the crypts. I absolutely love watching this behavior, but I'm just wondering if this is normal? I've only ever known danios to be mid level swimmers.

yeti79

Totally normal for them to do that.

Kcakes

My zebra danios never knew they were mid- level swimmers. They were my ADHD fishies. They zipped around wherever there was something to chase or spin around.

lc1958

I added 16 CPD to my tank and after they settled in about half school with the rasbora and the other half
zip around the bottoms of my plants. A few of the smaller ones just stay in the floater roots.

Leeman75

Got a really funny visual of all this! Love the Zebras! Have 7 in my big tank and they are a delight to watch play around with themselves as well as the tetras and guppies.

Kcakes

Got a really funny visual of all this! Love the Zebras! Have 7 in my big tank and they are a delight to watch play around with themselves as well as the tetras and guppies.
Yeah, but sometimes I get exhausted just watching them expend all that energy! They are clowns tho.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
Replies
Views
Crispii
  • Question
Replies
Views
yeti79
Replies