Danio swimming into the side of the tank

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was sitting on my bed and was watching my fish. My tank is the other side of the room to my bed but I was sat on my bd and just started watching them.

The danios often start chasing each other (playing) just before the lights go out. They were all chasiing each other around the tank and as they all turned the corner to avoid swimming into the glass, the one danio at the back of the group kept swimming and swam straight into the side of the tank.     At first I thought this was quite funny, but then I noticed he wasn't moving, but just hovering near the edge of the tank and I started to worry that he had hurt himself.  :-\ I got up and went right up to the tank to have a look. He looked fine, but was just very still (probably in shock). After a while he started swimming again, but stayed near the bottom of the tank. 

This morning, he seems fine again, and is swimming normaly. Do you think I should keep a close eye on him and watch him carefully just in case he has hurt himself?

He did swim head first into the glass, I hope he hasn't badly hurt himself or something.  :-\

Thanks

Gwenz

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i don't think that you have anything to worry about, but it would not hurt to keep an extra eye on him
Buzz

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i know this is an old thread, and i'm sorry, but i couldnt stop laughing when i read this. i had no idea how fast and clumsy these fish are until i got mine! i read up on them and it said they were boisterous....i couldnt understand how a fish could be boisterous as my guppies are so graceful., anyway, now i see exactly what they mean!!! i assume he's ok as you've posted other threads since then about him (assuming its the same fish and not a replacement?). i really hope he's ok or i'll feel really guilty for laughing at him! ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom