Help Danio Stuck In Castle Hole?

JamieLu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can u push him thro it? If u pull him it might damage his fins/body. But since the tail end is smaller u might b able to push him thro if theres another way for him to get out when hes inside

Shade89

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Can u push him thro it? If u pull him it might damage his fins/body. But since the tail end is smaller u might b able to push him thro if theres another way for him to get out when hes inside
That worked! He's swimming but still has red marks on both sides of his body. I'm not sure if I should take any further steps from here.

JamieLu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That worked! He's swimming but still has red marks on both sides of his body. I'm not sure if I should take any further steps from here.
I would just keep up on water changes, keep his water as clean as possible and he should be fine. Theres always a risk for infection but hopefully it wont come to that if his waters clean. Im glad i could help! Poor little guy, but it was kinda cute, his little bum stickin out :shame:Hope he feels better!

Benfreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bless the little guy! I hope he has a speedy recovery! Bet he won't be going in there again anytime soon!!

Shade89

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would just keep up on water changes, keep his water as clean as possible and he should be fine. Theres always a risk for infection but hopefully it wont come to that if his waters clean. Im glad i could help! Poor little guy, but it was kinda cute, his little bum stickin out :shame:Hope he feels better!
Bless the little guy! I hope he has a speedy recovery! Bet he won't be going in there again anytime soon!!
Thanks. I was so worried this morning when I woke up and didn't see him because he's always hanging around the front of the tank. I'm going to do a water change today.

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I kind of feel bad for chuckling as I'm sure it was quite stressful for the little guy... And you.
I week or two ago, I saw one of my juvenile mollies face down in a ceramic media that was standing upright, just a little tail swishing back and forth. Don't know how long it'd been there.

Cherie G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh my! :nailbiting: Glad you were able to get the little fella out! I always wondered if fish were able to know when an opening was too small for them, my question has been answered, ha ha. Hope everything works out ok. Best wishes!

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If I were you I would find a way to plug any holes that are big enough for your fish to stick their head in. I'm not sure fish learn from their mistakes. Maybe you could glue a piece of plastic canvas to the inside. Super glue should work.

Years ago one of my corys got stuck halfway through a hole in a piece of deco. We got him out no worse for the experience but it taught me a very valuable lesson. If they see a hole they are going to check it out.

Shade89

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If I were you I would find a way to plug any holes that are big enough for your fish to stick their head in. I'm not sure fish learn from their mistakes. Maybe you could glue a piece of plastic canvas to the inside. Super glue should work.

Years ago one of my corys got stuck halfway through a hole in a piece of deco. We got him out no worse for the experience but it taught me a very valuable lesson. If they see a hole they are going to check it out.
I'm pretty sure any of my other fish could squeeze through the hole but this yellow danio has gotten so fat over the past couple of months. I'll cover up the hole in case he does try to do it again. I wish I could simply say "Bad Dog!" and teach him a lesson xD

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom