Danio schooling with my Cory

DrGueedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing something strange in my school of cory...there is a danio (always the same that stays with them all the time. While my school of 5 cory rest at the bothom there is a danio in the middle on the gravel with them has if he's one of them. At first I was ok that strange but I mean danio are all over the place I'm not going to see it again...now its been 3 weeks and he's still doing it and what's worst the cory just follow him around has if he one of them??? I pretty sure this is not normal behavior for BOTH kind of fish. Is he just a freak of nature that I should just enjoy cause he make my cory more active then ever or could it end up being bad for the health cause there not acting like cory should???

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Do you have other danios in your tank? If you click at the top of the page under My Settings you can fill out your aquarium info and people will be better informed to comment on your fish/aquarium.

Danios like company, and if you only have one that might be why he is hanging out with the cories.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Kupcake said:
Do you have other danios in your tank? If you click at the top of the page under My Settings you can fill out your aquarium info and people will be better informed to comment on your fish/aquarium.

Danios like company, and if you only have one that might be why he is hanging out with the cories.
+1

DrGueedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
You guys are right forgot to says there is 8 other danio in there he's just acting funny on his own.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't have cories so prob can''t help much but maybe hes just different. I have a girl danio that loves to hang around the bottom (with 3 other zebras and with 6 others in the tank now) you might like reading my thread and responses about it

DrGueedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
I read it and wow its kind of funny cause mine does all that PLUS he school's with them

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My guppy swims with my cory. He even sleeps right beside him. It's strange looking but I guess they are friends.

FishHobbiest

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

When I get my 55 I hope my tetras act like tetras and my cories.... well uno lol

mcurtissdsu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ayelie said:
My guppy swims with my cory. He even sleeps right beside him. It's strange looking but I guess they are friends.
LOL! That's adorable

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads