Danio help

Samyjade99

hello i got some glo danios at rhe atore and they are doing fine. but when i was at the store i saw a little glo light danio. so i got it because it was sad. the glo danios chase it around sometimes and i dont like that. will the glo light danio get stressed? especially since its only one of its kind. thankyou.

Noroomforshoe

Im not sure what you said, correct me if im wrong.
You bought a school of danio glo fish and a single glow light danio, which im asuming is actually a glow light tetra.

If so,
Then yes the glow light tetra needs to be in a school of 6 or more.

Danios are notorious tail-chasing fin nippers IF they are not in a large enough tank and a large enough school. a 30 inch long tank/a 20 gallon long is a bare minimum for these extremely active fish and a school of 9 or more is my recommendation to keep them from pestering the other species in the tank.

Upvote 0

Samyjade99

Im not sure what you said, correct me if im wrong.
You bought a school of danio glo fish and a single glow light danio, which im asuming is actually a glow light tetra.

If so,
Then yes the glow light tetra needs to be in a school of 6 or more.

Danios are notorious tail-chasing fin nippers IF they are not in a large enough tank and a large enough school. a 30 inch long tank/a 20 gallon long is a bare minimum for these extremely active fish and a school of 9 or more is my recommendation to keep them from pestering the other species in the tank.
ok thankyou that is what i meant

Upvote 0

FishDin

Glowlight danios (Celestichthys choprae) are danios and not tetras. They are smaller than a zebra danio. Is that what you got, or does does it glow like the glo fish do?

I have 10 Glowlight danios (Celestichthys choprae) in a community tank and they chase each other occassionally (daily but not constantly). They never chase the other fish. I've never seen any harm from it, but if it were relentless or there were injuries I'd be concerned, but it doesn't persist and they don't seem to be nipping.

Your single fish might need to be rehomed if they don't leave it alone. Not only is it being bullied, but it has none of it's own to hang with.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
shrimpyboy
Replies
Views
bettaf1sh 7789
Replies