120 Gallon Tank Danio gulping

Heron

A few weeks ago one of my giant danios started gulping constantly ( not always at the surface ) I tested the O2 levels and they were medium to high and the ammonia was 0. I moved it to a hospital tank and treated with bacterial and fungul meds but after a few days it died. Now another giant danio is also constantly gulping and not swimming with the others.
I noticed it's gills are constantly open as well so I'm thinking it's obviously struggling to get enough oxygen but I have just tested the O2 levels and they are still high and again all the other fish are good, I also tested all the water parameters and all are good
So the question is what's wrong with the fish's gills? One possibly is Gill flukes and I have ordered some meds. for this that will arrive on tuesday and I have started daily salt baths today.
Can anyone think of anything else that could be affecting the fish in this way?
Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Crimson_687

In some fish difficulty breathing can be a symptom of internal problems, like dropsy.

Do you know your nitrite and nitrate? Do you think there are any oils/ contaminants in the tank? Is your water conditioner expired or faulty?

Top Bottom