Dancing horse

Butterfly

That was absolutely beautiful!
carol

Shawnie

amazing !! thanks for sharing!

pamd

I went searching for more info but it was surprisingly scant, at least through a quick Google search. The horse is a mare named Blue Hors Matine, the rider is Andreas Helgstrand, from Denmark, and the show was the Grand Prix Freestyle Dressage in Aachen, Germany on August 26th, 2006.

They earned the Silver Medal. I'm amazed they didn't earn the Gold. I'm thinking there were some quite stuffy judges and that they considered this "pop dressage" too unconventional for their tastes, even though it was in the freestyle competition category. But I don't know the reason for the Silver instead of the Gold. Just guessing.

The main reason I went searching was because I was curious to know Blue Hors Matine's breed, but didn't find it. It looks to me that she is probably a Lipizzan or perhaps Andalusian. Those are guesses based on her appearance and demeanor, but my horsey breed knowledge is quite out of date. Anybody know?

0morrokh

Wow that's one impressive dressage horse. Can't believe she's a mare. At first glance I thought Andalusian too, but she looks a bit 'light' for one-maybe she's part warmblood? Hmm after looking at a few pics I'm gonna go with full warmblood actually. Definitely too thoroughbred-ish for an Andalusian.

Tazmiche

I cried with joy watching it. WOW. Horses are fab. Mine rushed passed me into the field yesterday sending me flying onto my side. She stood above me saying what you doing down there mum?!?!?! DOH!!!!

pamd

I cried with joy watching it. WOW. Horses are fab. Mine rushed passed me into the field yesterday sending me flying onto my side. She stood above me saying what you doing down there mum?!?!?! DOH!!!!
Bad pony, baaad pony! I know from a few other posts of yours that she's bad! But they know where their hooves are, and she intentionally made sure to not give you cause to report a black and blue face!

I probably shouldn't cross-post to another post of mine, but I looooove this one and you will too:

Dog video - absolutely amazing

Tazmiche

Dog is amazing!! Yes Rosie is a typical Welsh Cob, very intelligent and very mischevious!! I adore her, her antics make me chuckle and she hasn't got a malicious bone in her. When her field mate leaves the yard on Saturday she will be very sad!!

MousePotato

I absolutely love that video! Her passage and piaffe are breathtaking. I love the tempis, too. I have seen the gold medal winner as well (can't recall the name at the moment) and it was pretty tough competition. I will try to locate the video. I know I've seen it on YouTube.

Thanks for posting that, pamd! My trainer thanks you, too, because I wasn't going to ride tonight (too bloody hot), but now I am inspired. If a nine year-old mare can do all that, SURELY I can get the eight year-old thoroughbred gelding I've been riding to collect! Right? Right??

MousePotato

Found it! That was faster than I expected. Here is the gold medal winner:

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Fishtail
  • Horse
Replies
Views
cb23
  • Hannahfish
  • Horse
Replies
Views