Damaged Whisker :'(

1. Sakana魚

Sakana魚 Well Known Member Member

I moved recently and somehow during the move my DG whisker (sorry I don't know what they are called) was damaged. Its a little shorter then the other one. I feel so bad. Will his whisker grow back?

2. GlamCrab

GlamCrab Well Known Member Member

I was told those grew back. My DG pair also damaged theirs.. (i found the culprit. one of my apisto was bitting at them. It also lightly tail nipped them)

I think they are growing back?? In any case i would treat it like a normal injury.. aka clean water.

3. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

Mine had beautiful long (i *think* they're) pelvic fins that the kid who netted him at the store must have mangled.
    Much like when a betta's fins are repairing, I've noticed that the short one has pale new growth.
    I give my tank doses of StressGuard when I notice any kind of fin damage (namely tears), and I swear it heals up in about a day or two.
    Now, this type of repair will just take time and clean water (and nice rank mates, lol), but the StressGuard, might not hurt if you have some on hand

4. OP
    OP
    Sakana魚

I am starting to see the pale growth! Do you know it it will get color again or will it stay pale?

5. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

That's wonderful news!!
    My guy's lil pale tip is still pale but it seems like the color is now working its way towards the ends.
    But his other one is just kinda clearish near the very tip of it, so I don't know that he'll gain a while lot more color.

The broken one is super close to being the same length as the other, but the other one has a "kink" in it midway down (again, I'm guessing while betting bc I was insane out picking him out and he wasn't in the LPS like that (that I noticed, anyhow)

6. OP
    OP
    Sakana魚

Maybe I hurt him netting him too. I didn't even consider that. Poor guy wish I woulda thought of that. I could bought him a large container to scoop him out instead.

Also glad your guys healing well! They are such awesome fish.