damaged tail on weather loach

sasha

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi ppl, 
              we just noticed our weather loach has a damaged body/tail it looks like a bruise about hafin inch from the bottom of his body, and the rest has turned white then his tail is frayed to almost nothing.
We just cant think what happened to him if it was damaged we cant think of where he could have done it, apart from him finding a way up the filter tube and getting mangled by the impeller, or is there a disease that could do this to him??? any info we be appreciated he is looking sad behind the filter

sasha

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi  i dont know if he got into the filter but about 3 quarter the way down his body it looks like a bruise, then its white as if the last part of his body is dead then his tail is nearly gone.
he lives in a four feet tank , fully established .water parameters are as they should be,
His tank mates are goldfish,shubunkins,( orfe, and koi, that will be moved to a pond that i have apparently got to build for them before they get too big.) and his tankmate (slimy) the other weather loach that is keeping him company behind the other filter in the tank,
i cant see that it might be one of his tankmates as they are all amazing friendly to each other , follow the leader seems to be a favourite game for them, and im sure they play hide n seek but maybe thats me going nuts just thinking that.
They even play tennis with the shrimp but he doesnt like it as he is the ball, they dont bother him either even though he could be a snack for any of them

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom