Damaged Fin's

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What's the best way to treat damaged fin's? It looks like they have been nibbled at

Sam2671

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Keep on top of the water changes to ensure the water is as clean as can be and the fins should heal and grow back on their own

If they’re being nibbled on, you might want to see if it was a one off or whether you have a fish or two who like to nibble fins. In that case maybe providing more cover to break the line of sight would be a good step to take

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Keep on top of the water changes to ensure the water is as clean as can be and the fins should heal and grow back on their own

If they’re being nibbled on, you might want to see if it was a one off or whether you have a fish or two who like to nibble fins. In that case maybe providing more cover to break the line of sight would be a good step to take
Ok what can I use for good cover? I already have some rocks and a big cave, and I know I have one that is bullying all the fish, and sometimes they all attack each other, its a African cichlid tank

Sam2671

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I’d try putting some tall plants in, but sometimes it just depends on the fish. Some will give up and others will chase until you separate them. I have no experience with African cichlids at all so I don’t know what i could suggest that would help

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’d try putting some tall plants in, but sometimes it just depends on the fish. Some will give up and others will chase until you separate them. I have no experience with African cichlids at all so I don’t know what i could suggest that would help
Ok thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom