Help Damage to both eyes after flopping onto carpet--considered cloudy eye?? how to treat??

nataliagolf2019

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HELP! I just moved Jupiter to a new 5 gal aquarium but he flopped out of my hand when I tried to put him into a cup for accommodation. He is now in his new tank but I see that he has some sort of film or scratches over both his eyes (my best guess is that his slime coat was compromised on the ground when he dragged himself). When he fell he landed on coarse carpet! This may be the culprit but I just want to know how to heal his injuries! Please respond quickly. I have sea salt as a conditioner; I do not have stress coat nor can I leave my house to get anything. What I have done is put some anti-bacterial medicine in there. He seems to be able to see for now but I am incredibly worried!

EDIT: I put some IAL in there and I know Jupe likes it a lot. How long do you guys think the healing process will take? I can see the film kinda trailing from his eyes but after a couple hours it seems to have fallen off a bit. A cloudy spot still remains on each eye.

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't think you will have problems with him healing, the eyes should clear up in a few days I would think. I had a young male get slightly crispy fins when he jumped out, after some time he healed up no problem and is still alive 2 years later.

New Threads