D.I.Y Ferts

Latrell

This is my very improved recipe of plant ferts
-1st Test - I just made clay balls and roll them into a ball and place them in the substrate (sand)
Results it’s effective but takes a while to fully blend in the sand and for the plants to absorb.
-2nd Test was liquid ferts - I mixed Seachem flourish with red clay and epsom salt in a bottle and shook it until a milky consistency.
Results I have to turn off the mechanical filter and sponge Filters bc they get clogged with fine clay particles ......it’s very effective for fertilizing the water column and the heavier particles would sink to the bottom and would eventually mixed into the substrate.
-3rd Test is the exact same for liquid ferts all I did was mixed in grinder/powdered eggshells, calcium bone and dry burnt banana Skins which was also grinder to a powder -I mixed them with my liquid ferts.
Results same thing as test too but with added calcium and potassium.
-4th Test (Currently on) I went back to dry ferts ....I still have my liquid ferts mixture for weekly uses but the dry feet mixture would focus mainly on the plants feeding on the substrate...... lets start I have a worm compost bin mixed with soil Which I take the old compost/soil on the bottom and let it dry out for a couple days ,when dried I mixed powdered dried burnt banana chips, eggshells and cuttle bone (calcium bone). I dry pieces of clay to also make it a powder, I mixed all those ingredients together....for added nutrients I soaked the dry mixture in Seachem flourish and iron and some water until the mixture fully dries out then I crush and sift out the newly dried mixture. And I get very fine dust fert mixture then I put them in gel-capsules. Ready to use for later
Results : so far plants are doubling in size and as I can say for now the use of my new recipe for dry ferts and using my diy liquid ferts my plants are growing very healthy.
-I provided pictures of my current dry ferts . And if u wanna see the results follow my instagram
Shemar_Zoology .
https://instagram.com/shemar_zoology?igshid=4zymeisa2nit

A46F8067-B1CA-4685-B869-6A2028963E80.jpeg Finished results (above)

30087D50-3878-4D0B-9C5C-9402CD77C066.jpeg
final results not in capsules (above)
F83D0DB8-ADF3-4294-9AA8-AAE785DBC023.jpeg
dried burnt banana skin (above)
59A54B76-4BCA-4CF6-A73A-A85D3ABC41CE.jpeg
red clay and diy liquid ferts (above)
84E4ABF8-89FA-4F4F-BFF6-09F6ED6AF6A6.jpeg
first prototype capsule (above)
52733FD0-FE9D-4A36-971D-8E25A84E6FB6.jpeg
While I was injecting the capsules (above)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
-Mak-
  • Question
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
Latrell
  • Question