Cylinder/corner tank stocking

Arrow1oo

So I’ve seen this idea on YouTube and I love the aqua scape.

You must be registered to see images

I’m not sure what size tank I will get or whether it’ll be a corner or cylinder tank, but nonetheless I’m interested in what I could stock in it.

I would love to put some type of fish that could utilize the caves in an interesting way rather than just ignore it.

someone Suggested cichlids but I’m not very experienced and would love some advice if there are any fish that could really utilize a cave heavy setup such as this

Noroomforshoe

loaches zoom in and out of, or polk their heads out of my decoration all day, they forgot they are suppose to be nocternal.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Don't kribensis like caves? Also BN plecos like caves (And I believe all others, but I've only kept BN)

Also, I love king of diy, that was one of my fav scapes from him.

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

The footprint of the tank is important with cichlids so they can create territories in the lower level and with cylindrical tanks you dont get that much space in that area unless its massive. Even then it will be much less floorspace than a typical rectangular tank.

Kribs and apistos might work in that set up in the picture, but personally i could see something like julidochromis or brichardi in there considering they are rockdwellers. However, their water requirements would limit what else could go in with them.

Upvote 0

pagoda

Most cylindrical aquariums like that one pictured range from 80 litres to 260 litres. Acrylic and pretty expensive to buy, normally coming with built in MCR lighting and hood filtration but no heaters.

They can be difficult to keep clean...especially when it comes to substrate hoovering/sand spot cleaning, especially the larger ones. Average depth for these - aquarium, not including hood/base - is around 1-1.5m minimum.

There are quite a few manufacturers of these aquariums available to the public, such as...

ACRYLIC - Cleair Aquatics

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SnookusFish
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies
Views