Cycling with ADF

1. A

AllHallowsEve31 Valued Member Member

Hey guys,

Okay so I currently have an ADF in a 5.5 gallon tank that I purchased about a month ago ( I had 2, but one died with a bloating condition:(). My tank is still cycling, and I do not have any detectable nitrates yet. I currently am doing 50% water changes everyday, which I have been told will slow the cycling process. But, since I am buying a 10 gallon tank to use once the cycling is complete, and I know i want to get a mystery snail too, would it be easier on my ADF if I move him into a 1 gallon bowl until the cycle is complete, and I purchase the snail to finish the cycling process? I am just scared that the frog is too sensitive for the unstable water parameters. Thanks in advance!!

2. NinjaTetra

NinjaTetra Well Known Member Member

The problem is, the one gallon bowl has to cycle too, otherwise its much more harmful to the frog. Whats your ammonia/nitrite levels?

~

3. OP
    OP
    A

Oh no sorry, I wouldn't cycle the 1 gallon, i would just do frequent water changes

4. NinjaTetra

NinjaTetra Well Known Member Member

Well, imo, the water is still gonna have ammonia build up in a bowl, whereas in the tank, theres more room so it will take longer to get to a dangerous point, you are already doing water changes in it, and it will be cycled sooner if u keep the frog in. A frog or snail isn't much to cycle with.

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

5. OP
    OP
    A

okay thanks! So the Ammonia is very close to 0 and well I'm gonna ask for your help. The first photo is a test with my dechlorinated tap water, and the second is my tank after a 50% wc earlier today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]