Cycling Question

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So i am planning to use bacteria to cycle my tank and i was wondering. So since you add the bacteria and within 24 hours you should add fish. Do you add all the fish you are planning to add or just some and add the others slowly after the tank is done cycling?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Where are you getting the bacteria from?

To be in the safe side, i would add the bacteria and dose ammonia every day for a week to make sure your cycle is good before adding fish.

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
fjh said:
Where are you getting the bacteria from?

To be in the safe side, i would add the bacteria and dose ammonia every day for a week to make sure your cycle is good before adding fish.
I am getting it from an LFS and after 24 hours i have to add fish. Then for the next 14-15 days let it do its thing with the fish producing ammonia and feeding the bacteria. So do i just add some fish and slowly add the others i want later?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BettaFishKeeper4302 said:
I am getting it from an LFS and after 24 hours i have to add fish. Then for the next 14-15 days let it do its thing with the fish producing ammonia and feeding the bacteria. So do i just add some fish and slowly add the others i want later?
Are they giving you filter media? Or are you buying bottled bacteria? Or something else?
And why do you HAVE to add fish after 24 hours?

I would still do as i said above if i were in your place.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom