10 Gallon Tank Cycling my Tank

Tanz

I'm doing a fishless cycle, I'm middle of cycling now....what should I do at this point to finish the cycle?
Ph-7,Temp-84F
Ammonia-0.25-0.50(fish food)
Nitrite-2-5(hard to tell)
Nitrate-5(hard to tell)
Can u guys help me to finish this cycle

Attachments

• 9676D8E5-8982-4A55-8B4E-F949F3064E0F.jpeg
    9676D8E5-8982-4A55-8B4E-F949F3064E0F.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 31

jdhef

Just keep feeding the tank fish food until your nitrites drop down to 0ppm.

Mark2002

Every time wait until ammonia is 0 ppm/mg L^-1 and nitrite is decreasing. If you are impatient, you can do some water change to "speed up" the cycle by removing the remaining Nitrite. It is because you will resume the cycling process after adding fishes.

PurpleReign19

Just keep up feeding the tank until you have no nitrites and you will be all set! Good luck

Tanz

Just keep feeding the tank fish food until your nitrites drop down to 0ppm.
Thank u
Every time wait until ammonia is 0 ppm/mg L^-1 and nitrite is decreasing. If you are impatient, you can do some water change to "speed up" the cycle by removing the remaining Nitrite. It is because you will resume the cycling process after adding fishes.
I have time no rush I'm gonna wait...how long it takes nitrite to drop?
Just keep up feeding the tank until you have no nitrites and you will be all set! Good luck
Ok thank u

Mark2002

If you have time no rush than I advice you should still follow what jdhef and FreshwaterFins99 said. What I said is for people that don't want to wait so it is not a must.

Tanz

Today’s water test...I’m getting more nitrate and nitrite going so high,Ph-7.2
Do I have to worry about nitrite?

Attachments

• 73D210D2-2D33-40D7-8279-BB7740C2DB42.jpeg
    73D210D2-2D33-40D7-8279-BB7740C2DB42.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 27

jdhef

If your nitrites are above 5ppm, you may want to do a 50% water change to lower them. Some members in the past have claimed that nitrites over 5.0ppm have stalled the cycle

Mark2002

If your nitrites are above 5ppm, you may want to do a 50% water change to lower them. Some members in the past have claimed that nitrites over 5.0ppm have stalled the cycle
Also to Ammonia, though is not the case in here.

Tanz

Today's water test nitrate going high, nitrite ammonia are same

Attachments

• AD025239-5B86-4050-A340-C401BD069284.jpeg
    AD025239-5B86-4050-A340-C401BD069284.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 26

Fish4Dayz

Make sure you're dosing your tank with ammonia so that the beneficial bacteria has some food. This can be done by adding some fish food once a day. Also, you may want to do a small water change (10%-25%) if you're worried that your cycle will get stalled. Like jdhef said, if your nitrites are high, it helps to do a water change to get them back down, just make sure to use the dechlorinator on your tap water before adding it to the tank because the chlorine kills beneficial bacteria.

Tanz

I'm doing a fishless cycle, I don't think I need to change the water before I was worried coz my ph went down to 6.5 and I put a pinch of baking soda and it went up to 7.2. I think nitrite only stalls the cycle when ph below 6. As long as the ph is ok nothing to worry about so I'm just keep feeding the beneficial bacteria.now is waiting game when my ammonia and nitrite both falls down to zero my cycle will be done.

Fish4Dayz

Well alright! Sounds like you got it all figured out, good luck!!

Tanz

Well alright! Sounds like you got it all figured out, good luck!!
I don't know what should I do some people saying change the water some people saying I don't need to change the water, Today's result was bad my nitrate went down to 20ppm then I changed water to about 20-25%.hopefully, nitrate will rise again.I'm gonna check water tomorrow

Attachments

• 982340A0-B504-449C-9946-8DB9EE02CB8B.jpeg
    982340A0-B504-449C-9946-8DB9EE02CB8B.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 16

Fish4Dayz

I don't know what should I do some people saying change the water some people saying I don't need to change the water, Today's result was bad my nitrate went down to 20ppm then I changed water to about 20-25%.hopefully, nitrate will rise again.I'm gonna check water tomorrow
No need to worry! Just keep up with those small water changes until the nitrites get back down. Worry about the nitrates later, they’ll get back up once your nitrites begin to fall! They’re just decreasing because of the high nitrite readings. If you want to do a 50% water change for your next change, you can do that to lower the nitrite readings every further. Again, don’t worry about the nitrates right now because they’ll eventually climb back up, just focus on keeping those nitrites as low as possible (under 2 ppm, but preferably under 1ppm). No need to stress, this is totally normal!

Tanz

No need to worry! Just keep up with those small water changes until the nitrites get back down. Worry about the nitrates later, they’ll get back up once your nitrites begin to fall! They’re just decreasing because of the high nitrite readings. If you want to do a 50% water change for your next change, you can do that to lower the nitrite readings every further. Again, don’t worry about the nitrates right now because they’ll eventually climb back up, just focus on keeping those nitrites as low as possible (under 2 ppm, but preferably under 1ppm). No need to stress, this is totally normal!
How often I have to change the water and even I change the water I have to feed the BB right?

Fish4Dayz

How often I have to change the water and even I change the water I have to feed the BB right?
Try to change it once a day, for the time being. It sounds like a lot, but it should definitely help.

Tanz

Try to change it once a day, for the time being. It sounds like a lot, but it should definitely help.
Ok I will check the water again tomorrow and I'm gonna let u know, Thanks

Tanz

Today’s water check ammonia-0.25,nitrite=1-1.5ppm,nitrate=5ppm
What should I do next?

Attachments

• 86C17D76-FF9A-4D21-BE65-F026C122918B.jpeg
    86C17D76-FF9A-4D21-BE65-F026C122918B.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 16

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Fish In Cycle Finishing??
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question
Replies
Views
INeedHelpLol
  • Question
Replies
Views
carolnewb
75 Gallon Tank No nitrites ???