Cycling Issues

CjSmallz330

Hello all!

I am new to Fishlore, I have been an aquarium hobbyist for a little over a year now ( I also raise aquatic turtles as well ) I found the forum because I have been having some cycling issues recently and have been searching high and low for some answers to help put my mind at ease. I understand the nitrogen cycle well, and have successfully cycled multiple tanks in the past but am currently stumped as to what's going on with my 75 gallon currently.

I started this tank up towards the end of January and regrettably I attempted a fish - in cycle (never again ) I used seeded filter media from my previous 29 gallon so I thought I would be alright. I was housing 2 aquatic turtles, 2 tetras and a glofish and after close to 2 months I was not getting any readings on nitrite or nitrate - only ammonia.

I recently moved everyone to temporary tanks as to not put their lives in danger until I can get this figured out. I run a Fluval fx6 canister (most expensive filter I have ever purchased!) Up until a week ago I had a UVB light on for the turtles so that may have been part of the problem there. It has currently been 3 days with no inhabitants in the tank and no UVB light on and I am only reading 1-2 ppm of ammonia, 0 nitrite and less than 5ppm nitrate (that comes from the tap water)

I have tried everything I can think of! I added a bottle of TSS+ on Thursday so I am hoping that will start to show some changes. I used prime while the tank was stocked just to keep everyone safe but am currently not dosing any longer since the tank is empty. I have also tried Stability but so far nothing has helped to get the nitrites showing up.

It's been over 2 months now and I feel that the cycle is at a standstill. I want to get everyone back in there dream home as soon as I can. Please help!

Addictedtobettas

How planted is your tank??

CjSmallz330

It is not planted with any live plants. I only have fake plants and decorations. I haven't learned that side of the hobby yet.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishLuvr12
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
terrapinkeeper
  • Question
Replies