Cycling And Algae - Page 2

stella1979

Yay!

I've never cycled with food. I find pure ammonia to be a better choice because your adding a measurable amount that you can test within minutes. I have no experience doing it any other way, so take this with a grain of salt. Are you sure that the shrimp food will have had a chance to convert to ammonia by tonight?

Sebastian Perdomo

Yay!

I've never cycled with food. I find pure ammonia to be a better choice because your adding a measurable amount that you can test within minutes. I have no experience doing it any other way, so take this with a grain of salt. Are you sure that the shrimp food will have had a chance to convert to ammonia by tonight?
The results showed 0 last night. I added a good amount of food for about 3-4 fish. I think instead of a water change, to not get rid of the beneficial bacteria and to dilute the nitrates, I'll just add water to my sump since its only about halfway full right now.

Sebastian Perdomo

I’m re dodoing this because I got a new 90 Gallon. This is a nightmare all over again

stella1979

Aww, I'm sorry it's been frustrating for you. A new 90g sounds pretty awesome to me. Good luck with it and please just let us know if we can be of any help.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Cdbaby123
  • Algae
Replies
Views
fishnovice33
Replies
Views
AllFish21
  • jonatheber
  • Algae