Cycled And Ready To Start Stocking!

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do tend to overstuff tanks of livebearers, so maybe I'm not the best person to give you some numbers

Are you talking fancy male guppies with monster tails? If so, I'd say 20 would look nice. I don't generally find platies as interesting, but I suppose they must have some colors that you like, so I'd say 10 of them. 6 bronze cories (they will be courted a lot by the male livebearers, who will be desperate for girls), and 10 or so nerite snails, depending on how much algae there'll be for them.

You're going to have some intense frustration among your male livebearers, so keep an eye on them in case anyone gets overly harrassed and needs to be taken out.

Robjoco

Valued Member
Reaction score
I do tend to overstuff tanks of livebearers, so maybe I'm not the best person to give you some numbers

Are you talking fancy male guppies with monster tails? If so, I'd say 20 would look nice. I don't generally find platies as interesting, but I suppose they must have some colors that you like, so I'd say 10 of them. 6 bronze cories (they will be courted a lot by the male livebearers, who will be desperate for girls), and 10 or so nerite snails, depending on how much algae there'll be for them.

You're going to have some intense frustration among your male livebearers, so keep an eye on them in case anyone gets overly harrassed and needs to be taken out.
Thanks for the help! Yes I’m focusing on blue/green fish for this tank (it’s a feng shui thing), so I’ve seen some nice blue/green platies at my lfs, and blue fancy guppies at my local box store. I want a peaceful tank, but I don’t want to breed right now because I know how prolific they can be, and I don’t know what I’d do with the increased stock.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom