Cycle the Quick Way

1. booboo7336 Initiate Member

Well I am in day 27 of cycling my 26 gallon and have bought and set up a new 46 gallon which I love, might be addicted now but that's another story...ha.

I have been cycling for 10 days (in the 46 gallon) and basically have no readings but .25 ammonia so I bought a product called Eco-Start that claims that I can do an initial treatment and then a treatment for four straight days and I should be good. It even says that I can add fish as I do it. The tank has no fish and I guess my questions is:

Does this really work and is it safe?

I added a piece of raw shrimp tonight to see if that would help. Though I would hate it, I am ok if I need to just hang tight and go thru the 4-6 weeks but I sure would like some fish.

Any thoughts?

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I really don't know anything about that product. There is only 1 product on the market right now that could cycle your tank in 4 days, and that is bio spira. I have used it 3 times, and it was an instant cycle each time. If you want to try that other product, test it by feeding it with pure clear ammonia instead of putting fish in the tank to make sure your tank is cycled, and if so, add the fish.