Cutting Off Aponogeton Leaves?

faywayway

Hello! I have an aponogeton plant that I would like to move to a different tank. The 3.4 gallon it is in right now has a ton of pond snails, baby shrimp, and scuds living in its leaves that I DO NOT want to transfer to my other 10 gallon tank.
I thiiink these plants have a natural dying off and regrowing cycle... correct? So if I cut all the leaves and stems off of the bulb then replant the bulb in my 10 gallon, would the plant be able to grow back or would it just rot and die?

justonemorefish

I'm new to keeping aponogetons, but it is my understanding that they start dying off on their own (or by manipulating the tank's temperature) and after that it is safe to cut off the leaves but if you just cut off all the leaves the bulb will not be prepared and might die!

Upvote 0

faywayway

I'm new to keeping aponogetons, but it is my understanding that they start dying off on their own (or by manipulating the tank's temperature) and after that it is safe to cut off the leaves but if you just cut off all the leaves the bulb will not be prepared and might die!
Okay thank you! How specifically would I manipulate the temperature to speed the dying process?

Upvote 0

justonemorefish

Okay thank you! How specifically would I manipulate the temperature to speed the dying process?
I'm sorry, I missed the notification for this :/
Just spent a while looking for the site where I found that info when I first got the plant but couldn't find it. Hope you've figured it out already or do soon!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Hellfishguy
  • Question
Replies
Views
jake37
  • Question
Replies