Cutest Goldfish!

motherofbettas
HI guys I just got my 40 gallon breeder and am going to start setting it up {very slowly}, but I wanted some input on what you think the cutest goldfish are?! I'm going to be getting two for this tank and probably not for another 6 months or so...so I have some time to shop around!

forestwind1234
I saw some bubble eye goldfish at my LFS and they were the cutest things, but I think that 1 maxes out a 40 gallon.

Colt Frost
I saw some bubble eye goldfish at my LFS and they were the cutest things, but I think that 1 maxes out a 40 gallon.
I like ranchu or ryukin

Dch48
Personally I don't like the fat bellied fancy tailed ones or the ones with the weird heads or bulging eyes. My favorite is the Shubunkin but they are like Comets and get pretty big.

Rtessy
The little ranchu ones with the bubble heads are the cutest to me

Platylover
Hm... not to many look actually cute to me and if they do, it’s more so the specific fish not the species. Although, I do like some of the high end butterfly fancies and if I ever get a goldy tank I’ll like do egg fish since they’re so beautiful.

penguin02
Black moor!

Goldiemom
How deep is a 40G breeder? Just don’t want you to make the same mistake I did. I attempted to put 2 fancies in a 20G long temporarily but it wasn’t deep enough for them as they use the entire tank to swim. They let me know in about 2 hours time that they were not happy. I had to move them. As far as favorites, I love the long butterfly tails and black moors the best. I stay away from the bubble eyes and the Oranda ( don’t want to trim their wren).

motherofbettas
How deep is a 40G breeder? Just don’t want you to make the same mistake I did. I attempted to put 2 fancies in a 20G long temporarily but it wasn’t deep enough for them as they use the entire tank to swim. They let me know in about 2 hours time that they were not happy. I had to move them. As far as favorites, I love the long butterfly tails and black moors the best. I stay away from the bubble eyes and the Oranda ( don’t want to trim their wren).

36" x 18" x 16"
^ 40 Gallon breeder dimensions

30" x 12" x 12"
20 gallon long dimensions

My friend keeps her 3 fancies in a 40 breeder without any complications. thanks for your input! So many cute breeds to choose from!!

Goldiemom
36" x 18" x 16"
^ 40 Gallon breeder dimensions

30" x 12" x 12"
20 gallon long dimensions

My friend keeps her 3 fancies in a 40 breeder without any complications. thanks for your input! So many cute breeds to choose from!!
Yep, the breeder should be fine. Have fun choosing and be sure to post pics!

75g Discus Tank
My favorites(in no particular order)

Ryukin(especially short tailed ryukin)
Black moors
Orandas(They look really cute so when they grow older)
Pearlscale goldfish!(Probably the cutest but can’t swim very well)

goldface
I’m biased, but I like my Tamasabas. They’re very hardy, single-tail fancy varieties of goldfish. These were bred in a koi farm in Niigata, Japan, and thus imported, making them pretty rare, but still quite affordable. In the first pic, they’re eating through a cloud of daphnia if you’re wondering what the white specks are.

20672022-137B-4C66-95EE-5AD923FC2BA5.jpeg

279D302A-EC60-4CC6-B920-B8F51EC61991.jpeg

71F348A5-39A9-4CC0-9974-B9BB58D73BFE.jpeg

75g Discus Tank
I’m biased, but I like my Tamasabas. They’re very hardy, single-tail fancy varieties. These were bred in a koi farm in Niigata, Japan, and thus imported, making them pretty rare, but still quite affordable. In the first pic, they’re eating through a cloud of daphnia if you’re wondering what the white specks are.
View attachment 446420
View attachment 446421
View attachment 446422
I remember the thread you made about when you got these guys. They are really cool!

LilBlub
Personally, I think they’re all cute! But I think ranchus and telescopes are the cutest of the cuties.

sylvie
The cutest are ranchus and ThaI orandas for sure

Elliriyanna
I absolutely adore veiltails!!

motherofbettas
Thank you guys for all the input!!! I really appreciate it I ended up rescuing three fancy goldfish from a friend who’s water in her new apt complex was absolutely dreadful! pictures coming soon, I have two Oranda, and one black Moor, all of which I’m so in love with!

Fishaholic58
Awesome!! I was going to say Orandas. They may not look appealing to everyone but they have the best personality. The first two days when I got them they were shy and hid from me. About the 5th day they are the most interactive fish I’ve ever owned. They always greet me when I walk in. Congrats on your new fish!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Top Bottom