Cute little guy aww!!

1. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTO3iMkVVlg
    Does anyone else find this little guy ADORABLE!! Awww :p he is so cute!! I was on YouTube looking at savannahs because I'm thinking about getting one in the future. This little guy sold me hehe

2. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

LOL, cute kid with his pet. I don't recommend hand feeding a monitor lizard just because your hands end up smelling like food and he will start to relate hand with food. I would feed in a dish, then when the lizard is full, handle him. Just my thoughts... I had snakes but not monitors.

3. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

I just love that little guy, he is just too cute!!! :p
    Yea I definitely don't recommend it to beginners. What I do tho, is I actually let them bite me and they realize really quick that my finger, or hand, is not food, because they can't eat it and It doesn't move. But i do not recommend doing this haha my reflexes don't go crazy and jump when I get bit like most people. :p And I clean all my wounds VERY well.
    I have always had success this way.
    The kid in this video is very cute and seems like he's very smart and loves his savannah, but he can't be scared of it and the savannah will continue to think his hand is food if he reacts that way.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. blusshed Well Known Member Member

The kid inthe video is such a sweetie! He actually cares for his pet! I have a 16 year old nephew who wouldn't even take care of his chameleon! Should have given him to me :( lol.

I just love exotic pets

5. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Yea he is. And he takes really good care if that savannah. That little guy is beautiful and loves his food lol :p yeaa I had a friend of a cousin that had one and did the same thing. Bought him because he thought he looked cool and left it. That happens a lot durring phases unfortunately. :(
    I love them to, I think they are so interesting.

6. petaddiction Well Known Member Member

Hahahah I'm sorry that was so adorable and cute and hysterical too. I couldn't stop laughing when it was chasing his hand in circles and stuff and awh it was just so cute. I was laughing hysterically when he was trying to feed him but kept getting freaked out. it was adorable. My brother woke up and was like why are you laughing so hard. haha. The crickets remind me of when I had a toad for a few years. I had to put calcium on them too. :D
    But anyways, it's nice to see someone who's young around my age who actually cares for pets. Most people my age will be interested with living animals for a little bit and then get bored with it because of the responsibility. Typical teen phases haha. but it's nice to see someone else who cares. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Hahaha I did the same exact thing when I first saw it. And I couldn't stop saying how cute it was and my boyfriend just looked at me and was like oh great hear comes another pet. Hehe :p he knows me so well.
    It is really nice to see how much he cares for the little guy. Lets just hope that when it gets big he still loves it just as much :) and doesnt end up like these other savannahs I've been seeing for sale because the owner doesn't want it anymore, and it's full grown sitting in a 40 gal. :mad: but I'm sure this kid won't end up like that, he seems to know his stuff and that little guy looks soooo healthy. :)