Cute baby bichirs!!!

1. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Guys!! I found these little guys at a LFS the other day and grabbed them. I have been looking for bichirs for awhile but didn't want to spend the money on the big ones ( they are expensive!! ) so I bought these guys for $3.99 each :) and I want to grow them out myself, they aren't even 2 inches yet! So cute!! :p

2. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Pics!! blusshed these guys are my version of the axolotls :p i can have these and I have to hand feed them right now cuz they are so small. They remind me of your hellven and slender because one isn't as strong as the other and is kind of frail. They are very sweet to eachother tho... Well so far :p I'm just so excited about them!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. spiffynid Initiate Member

If that's a standard sized breeder box Jeebus they are tiny! Mine were the size of my middle finger when I picked them up. What have you been feeding them?

4. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Haha it is!! They were in there just so I was able to monitor their health. They are now in the 20 long. They are literally the size of half my finger, and I have small fingers. Haha :D
    I feed them blood worms, beef heart (alittle bit) and this gel food I make for baby fish. And I also fed them cut up pieces of fish yesterday, very tiny pieces.

5. blusshed Well Known Member Member

How cute! They can be up to 38 inches and live 10 years?! Woah baby! Longer in size than my lotls lol!
    we have many, many years of these little guys we have, huh? :)

Have you you picked names?!

6. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Wow they are tiny, don't think I've ever seen such small ones, very cute :)

7. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Haha I love them and yes I will have them for a long time hehe :p they are alittle different from your axies but they remind me a lot of them!! I actually have one that is very slim and isnt as healthy as the other, I've been keeping a close eye on him, but I keep catching myself calling him slender haha :D Idk what im going to name them tho. And surprisingly my "slender" is more feisty then the other, he's always trying to pick fights. And the other snaps at him and he takes off like a wuss. So he's all talk lol :D

8. blusshed Well Known Member Member

You should totally name him Slender, too!
    I'm sure my little Slender wouldn't mind!

9. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Hahaha im thinking about it ;D