Custumer Card In Aquarium Safe?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by xShannaxx, Apr 16, 2017.

1. x

xShannaxx New Member Member

My airstone keeps rising from underneath the small pebbels so I was wondering if I could tie a plastic card to the tube with a rubber band to keep it down, as it probably won't be strong enough to lift the card from underneath the sand+pebbels. [​IMG]
    Hopefully this picture wil help you kind of understand what I mean

By the way, I took all the pebbles out, they're now laying on a towel, this is not inside the aquarium haha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
  2. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Thats a good idea, looks like a good idea to me any way, i may steal this

3. SuperK

SuperK Well Known Member Member

It really depends what the card is made of, some can be safe but some can leach toxins from what I've heard

4. grantm91

[​IMG] i think il try it with a disposable food container lid as you could cut it to what ever size, i used this stuff last night to make some flaps for my salt water tank lid because one of my clowns jumped out its good stuff.

5. grantm91

Thats true thats another reason i would use the food lid theres no ink in it

6. OP
    OP
    x

That's smart! I'll see if I can find one, thank you!

7. OP
    OP
    x

I found an empty q-tip box, now I can make it bigger too

8. p

purslanegarden Well Known Member Member

I would tie the airline tubing/stone to a rock, that is either under the substrate or just on top of it. The rock would merge in with the existing pebble substrate if you don't want it to stand out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice