Customizing a Saab

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Does anyone know anything about Saabs. I know the parts are hard to find and there isn't much customizing you can do to them. I am going to get a Saab 9000CS when I can drive next year. Since my bros got a new car my mom is going to give me a few thousand to do whatever I want to it.

Ideas?

neverendingninja

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bah! Thats **** about parts being hard to find. www.eeuroparts.com is awesome for OEM parts. https://www.genuinesaab.com/, partsforsaabs.com and group9 performance are all good places for upgrades.

Go to www.saabcentral.com and check out the forums. Loads of knowledgeable people with the most beautiful cars you'll ever see They'll be able to answer any questions you have about the CSE. I had an NG900(Talladega edition) and now its sitting in my front yard with the engine ready to be pulled out, but I don't know when I'll ever get to it. The timing chain skipped and flattened all my valves, and dented my pistons.

Anyhow, best of luck with the car. You'll be happy with it, I know. Nothing like a high quality turbo engine

seedy

Valued Member
Reaction score
dont forget the quality electric lol

neverendingninja

Valued Member
Reaction score
To elaborate...my car came in with the engine out of it, and instead of rebuilding, I bought an 88k mile junk yard engine. Stupidly, I didn't rebuild that one either, and the timing chains need to be serviced ~90,000 miles...so, it was only a matter of time, along with my dogging it out, that the chain would skip. Don't let it discourage you. Just make sure that the manufacturer's recommended maintenance is performed.

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yea I decided to just get exhaust some simple rims and paint

I like stock everything else. The seats need new leather though it is worn and ripped a little.

neverendingninja

Valued Member
Reaction score
Don't bother upgrading exhaust on a stock engine. Its kind of silly. You may want to look into a few power upgrades first.

Personally, I wouldn't change the rims either...at least nothing crazy. The only rims I would put on it would be s in 17" or 18". They are almost identical to what comes stock on a Viggen.

Have fun

p.s. I would go for stereo before paint. Always better to be comfortable and look like poo than to look good and be listening to blown out speakers with no power.

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yea I wanted rims like these. They are pretty close so those might be them?

Do you have some sort of IM that I could talk to you on. I hate talking back and forth on posts.

Also good stereo systems/speakers?

And what could I upgrade power wise?

Thanks again

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom