Current USA Dual Outlet Timer

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just bought two of these, and I can't get them(both) to work.
107.jpg

The instruction isn't clear at all.

Here is everything on the less than helpful manual
1. Turn the outside dial so the arrow marches with the current time.
2. Push the slots on the outside dial down at the locations which corresponds to the desired on time. Repeat this step for the off time.
3. Plug the product you wish to control into either outlet on the timer. Reclose the clamshelf packaging. This will help keep water off the timer.
4. Plug the timer into a GFCI outlet.

In fact, it doesn't even tell how should I switch the red button. I assume it should be set at where there is a clock sign.
From #2, I assumed I only need to push down two slots, one at the time I wish to start turn on the lights, the other at where I wish to have the lights switched off. However, that did not work. It did not turn off at the time I set.
So I assume maybe I suppose to keep all the slots down at where I wish the lights to be on. That didn't work either. In fact, I can't make the lights turn off at all besides switch the red button to the sign "I". It's always on.

To save myself the trouble to mess with it, could someone with experience with this product or any similar product please give me the directions?

Thank you!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
In the picture, the red switch has a clock on one side. What's there when you push the switch the other way?

I don't have this brand, but I have a similar one, and it's relatively confusing. However, the timers on the heated cabinets at Taco Bell use a similar setup (with no instruction included), so I have a bit of experience in muddling through them

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to use similar timers for my christmas lights, but it's been a while and my memory is a little fuzzy on it but...

This style of timer allows you to have a light (or whatever you plug into it) turn off and on several times thru-out a 24 hour period. Every time the dial gets to a place where the tabs are down to turns the socket on (or maybe off) for the entire time the tabs are down and when it gets to where the tabs are up it turns the socket off (or maybe on)

So I think if you wanted the timer to turn the lights on from 7am to 4pm then again from 6pm to 10pm you would push down all the little tabs between 7am and 4pm and also between 6pm and 10pm. Then you just leave the tabs up in the area from 4pm to 6pm and from 10pm to 7am. (But I might have that backwards and you may need to have the tabs up to turn the light on and down to turn it off, so you will need to experiment.)

Keep in mind that you can just plug a light into it and set the tabs as required then manually turn the dial to make sure it is turning on and off. You don't have to wait for the timer to turn in real time.

thequietman44

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use similar Brinks timers. The red switch most likely switches between timer mode and always on mode. It basically bypasses whatever setting the timer has (off or on) and turns it on.

The timer portion works the way jdhef said, just push in all the tabs between the times you want it to be on. It seems a bit complicated at first, but once you get it set up it's pretty handy.

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Apparently I got it right last night by accident.

The red button had two options to switch to, one side is a clock sign, the other is a letter "I".

Last night I had to turn the red button to "I" on both switches to turn the lights off for both tanks.

So today at 12pm, both tanks lighted up.

Apparently the red button should be @ "I".

Their manual mentioned nothing about the red button.:-\

Thanks for helping.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Cool. That's essentially how I got mine to work. I heard the timer click past the "on" cycle, but it didn't turn on, so I turned a switch, and the lights went on. At the proper time (more or less) that evening, the lights went out. Hooray!

flyin-lowe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm guessing you have all the buttons pushed in (between the times you want the lights on) and not just two buttons pushed in like you mentioned earlier.

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I figured that one. The manual is garbage lol.

The timers have been working well.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads