Current Usa Customer Service

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Last year I bought a couple of their Pro Plus light kits and set them on a shelf, planning to use them eventually. So this week I finally unpacked one of them while I was putting together a 20 long for the new Cory cats I bought and the light wouldn't work. The LED unit would just flash....flash....flash....flash... But the lights would never come on and stay on.

Luckily I already had one of these same units on another 20 long so I swapped some things around trying to determine if it was the power supply or the LED unit (the actual light strip) and concluded that it was the power supply. The light works just fine on the other tank when it is hooked up to that power supply.

So I emailed Customer Support at Current USA and explained all of this to them. They emailed back and asked a couple of questions and I supplied them the information they wanted. Then today I check my email and they're shipping me a new power supply and apologized for the inconvenience.

I'm impressed. I just knew that because I bought them way back last year that they wouldn't want to replace/repair anything. I was wrong. Thanks Current USA! Good people, will recommend based on their customer service alone.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good result especially after a year, it’s nice to hear of companies that have great customer service.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a 48" plant plus pro. A fine light. It is good to know that they stand by their product.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a total of 7 of their light fixtures. This is the only one I've had any sort of problem with. I did mention that to them in my email, how many of their products I own. Not sure if that had any bearing on how I was treated. I kind of want to think it helped and then again kind of want to hope they'd have done the same for anyone.

CCinBama

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was just about to make a post about my own AMAZING experience with them. Glad to read your post and see it is just how they do business. They definitely now have a customer for life in me.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CCinBama said:
I was just about to make a post about my own AMAZING experience with them. Glad to read your post and see it is just how they do business. They definitely now have a customer for life in me.
Yeah, when I got a light that I had bought months ago and out of the box it didn't work I feared the worst - that I was just going to be stuck with a broke light and was going to have to spend more money on an already expensive light to get the part I needed. Very happy with these folks.

There are cheaper lights out there that put out just as much or more PAR that don't have all the gadgetry and bells and whistles but overall I love the lights and I actually do use some of the features. I particularly like the various pre-programmed lighting modes. A lot of times I want to put a little light in the tank on a weekend morning but don't want it at full blast and I can just hit one of the presets and get a nice result.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
New power supply showed up today and not only did they promptly replace the defective one they sent me the supply for the 4' light. The light that was needing the replacement is a 24" light. I won't be hooking up that much wattage to the thing but it's nice to know that it's not underpowered. I plugged it all in and presto! Bright lights!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom