Current Satellite Freshwater + Replacement

1. platy21 Member Member

I have had a Current Satellite Freshwater LED + on my 36 gallon bow front for over three years now and absolutely loved it. My anubias, java fern, java moss, and even marsilea have done great with it and the colors of the fish just pop. I enjoy switching between the different modes, especially night mode for when I work evening shift and want to come home and watch the fish in a dimly lit tank for a few minutes to relax.

Well much to my dismay I discovered that a few of the RGBW LED's had seemed to burn out, if that's possible with LED. The colors weren't so sharp and appeared washed out, and when changing modes you could see by the reflection on the glass hood that some LED's were barely lighting up. I decided to email Current Satellite and see if there was anything they could do for me or any way I could fix my light. They asked for a picture of the LED's and the serial number tag. Much to my surprise they offered to replace the light at no charge. They sent me a shipping label and I mailed it out within the week.

I just got my new light today, brand new in an unopened box. Considering the warranty is only stated for one year I was very surprised that they so willingly replaced the light over three years later. Wanted to let everyone know in case they run into the same issue and to recommend Current. It's amazing what a good light will do for your tank. While I waited for my replacement I used an old stock fluorescent hood and I could hardly see in the tank-It was not relaxing at all to watch. Glad to have my LED back. So if you're in the market for a new light I recommend this brand.

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Nice to hear of good customer service :)

3. platy21 Member Member

Definitely good customer service. They were a breeze to work with and definitely will keep them in mind for any future lighting needs.

4. bgclarke Well Known Member Member

I have an LED+ on my 10 gallon.
    Really happy with the light.

Glad to hear they stand behind their products well beyond the warranty period.