Curious If Anyone Else Has Seen This?

Discussion in 'Meds, Additives and Supplements Reviews' started by Bettanewb, Sep 3, 2017.

1. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Not really a review but just a question has anyone else seen stress coat and melafix packaged like this.
    20170903_185908.jpg

2. titusxanderValued MemberMember

3. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure. On the back they say say mars fishcare so I safely assumed it was api

4. fisshWell Known MemberMember

The DR FISH on the bottle is an API trademark. Both are good products, but if you use Melafix be sure to increase the air going into the tank.

5. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Melafix is at too low of a concentration to be useful at all, and there are better dechlorinators than stress coat.

It does look like different packaging than what we normally see with API, but the above explanations make sense!

6. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Thanks a bunch guys!! :)

I always use prime.

But I have a guppy with a little split in his tail it hasn't gotten any worse but I figured a little stress coat wouldn't hurt.

7. PokeTileCraft101Valued MemberMember

8. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

9. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

I have been doing that as well typically daily.

I should also say that I live in Canada but close enough to the boarder that when I go over I tend to stock up On fish related items because even with exchange most things are typically cheaper :)

So I figured at half the price with the increased water changes stress coat may be beneficial.

10. bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

I do that as well when I shop in Ogdensburg.

BTW, if you have a Big Al's near you, their store brand water conditioner is Stress Coat.

11. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Good to know I have one about 20 minutes half hour away.

Glad I'm not the only one that does that ;)

12. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Love Stress Coat. So much that I won't even buy Prime (my opinion). Good at healing fins too, should work quick for your guppy.

13. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Thank you for the encouragement! I hoped I was doing something right. I don't have much experience with ill or injured fish.
    Although that's probably a good thing :)

14. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

It won't hurt, but don't expect a miracle. Hopefully it'll help some though!

15. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

Thanks so much :)