Curious As To What You Feed?

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello and good morning, I wanted to see what you all feed on a daily/weekly basis.

There is so many I am interested to see what has worked for you, and what foods to add in to complete a wholesome diet.

I just ordered some Fluval Bug Bites to try out, although unsure if it's a complete diet.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've been feeding guppies and I usually feed a complete flake diet twice a day. But I substitute in some veg twice a week, some frozen brine shrimp twice a week and a pea every two weeks!

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mary765 said:
I've been feeding guppies and I usually feed a complete flake diet twice a day. But I substitute in some veg twice a week, some frozen brine shrimp twice a week and a pea every two weeks!

I have guppies, what brand of complete flake do you use Mary?

Saw cobalt flakes and new life where I Shop online but holy cow they wanted a lot them maybe I should try them next?

I used the top fin sinking wafers and they wrecked havoc on my parameters.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Flakes/pellets
Bettas: A mix of Hikari Bio-Gold, Aqueon pellets, and Kordon pellets (plus bloodworms if they're going to breed)
Guppies: Aqueon flakes, some bloodworms or betta pellets, and two bottomfeeder tablets once a week for the snails
Guppy fry: fry food, crushed flakes, and crushed bloodworms
Betta fry: fry food once a day
40B: Goldie flakes, goldie pellets, bottomfeeder tablets
GWK: Crushed river shrimp (x2)

Frozen/Live
Bettas: Brine shrimp, Bloodworms, beefheart, BBS every once in a while
Guppies: Veggie diet, beefheart, brineshrimp, cucumber once a week, BBS eoiaw
40B: Bloodworms, Brine shrimp, veggie diet, BBS eoiaw, Soilent green eoiaw
Betta fry: beefheart
Guppy fry: beefheart, BBS eoiaw
Pea puffers: bloodworms, brine shrimp, snails, BBS eoiaw
GWK: Brine shrimp, Bloodworms

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
dwarfpufferlover said:
I have guppies, what brand of complete flake do you use Mary?

Saw cobalt flakes and new life where I Shop online but holy cow they wanted a lot them maybe I should try them next?

I used the top fin sinking wafers and they wrecked havoc on my parameters.
I used to use a brand by my lfs (aqua care) but now I use API tropical flake (which helps to reduce ammonia too as an added bonus!)

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
@CanadianFishFan
Interested in the Omega One Mini Pellets you have, may go see if my petsmart has it and it looks like you all like Omega brand.

@lilabug4545
Wow that is a lot of food. Looks like a more of a variety could help me. Do you Re hydrate if they were something like a freeze dried bottle of Hikari bloodworms?

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
dwarfpufferlover said:
@CanadianFishFan
Interested in the Omega One Mini Pellets you have, may go see if my petsmart has it and it looks like you all like Omega brand.

@lilabug4545
Wow that is a lot of food. Looks like a more of a variety could help me. Do you Re hydrate if they were something like a freeze dried bottle of Hikari bloodworms?
Petsmart only has certain omega one pellets i found, the mirco ones are great for smaller fish. I found the betta omega one pellets dont float for long on the surface...

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
dwarfpufferlover said:
@CanadianFishFan

@lilabug4545
I really only use that much protein because they're breeding fish. Otherwise, I wouldn't use that much protein. For me, it depends on the fish for rehydrating bloodworms. I have never had any problems with straight feeding (no rehydrating), but others have had issues with it.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Bettas: Aqueon Betta Pellet, Tetra Freeze Dried Blood Worm, Mytsis
Gars: Minnows and Omega One Protein Pellets
Eels: Minnows, Omega One Protein Pellets (baby Tire Track) , and trying veggies
Cichlids:Hikari Tropical Algae Wafers, Tetra Cichlid Pellets and Hikari Cichlid Staple Large
Plecos: Hikari Tropical Algae Wafers, Veggies, and Omega One Protein Pellets
Danios: Tetra Goldfish Flakes
Platies: Tetra Tropical Flakes
Killifish: Tetra Cichlid Pellets and Tetra Goldfish Flakes
Cory Cats: Hikari Tropical Algae Wafers, Omega One Protein Pellets, and Scrapes.
Sword Tail: Tetra Tropical Flakes.
Baby Peacocks: Mixture of Tetra flakes, Omega One Protein Pellets, and Saltwater Fish food. (I love the ingredients, all are freshwater safe!)

Peacocks get a cube of Mysis every 4 days (Handfed)
other tanks other then the Black Spotted Eel and Marble Gar, Share 1 Mysis and some Brine Shrimp.
Algae pellets fed every 2 days to the 20g, 29g, 10g, and 55g.
Peacocks get 20-30 Pellets twice a day.
Black Spotted (Slick Willy) and Marbled Gar (Easy Pete) get to share 4 feeder minnows and VERY Rarely a goldfish as a treat for doing tricks. (spinning and flips.)

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Best I could find at the local petsmart....I feel better now since I really only had bloodworms.
All of the comments were helpful and still like to know what people are feeding their fish

IMG_0131.JPG

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh gosh! I feed my pond goldies New Life Spectrum sinking pellets along with occassional peas. I also throw in Ken's snail pellets for the trapdoors. When I think about it, I throw in some cucumber or zuchini. For the fancy goldfish I feed New Life Spectrum, peas, live baby brine shrimp, occassionally dried blood worms or dried brine shrimp. Hikari algae wafers for the pleco's. In my tropical tank I feed New Life Spectrum small tropical blend, occassional peas, zuchinni, live baby brine shrimp, dried brine shrimp, and dried blood worms. For the goldfish fry I feed: Hikari first bites, New Life starter, and baby brine shrimp. When I'm really lazy, they all get the first jar I grab.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
dwarfpufferlover said:
Best I could find at the local petsmart....I feel better now since I really only had bloodworms.
All of the comments were helpful and still like to know what people are feeding their fish

View attachment 432309
What your petsmart had the omega one pellets for bettas?! Wow lucky! I had to go to my city a hour away to get them...

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
CanadianFishFan said:
What your petsmart had the omega one pellets for bettas?! Wow lucky! I had to go to my city a hour away to get them...
Suprisingly they have a decent selection but it’s always picked. And oh yeah, he scarfed it down

@Goldiemom jeez am I the only one that doesn’t have new life spectrum lol. I’ve been reading through the other fish food threads here and it seems common place to me now. Nice to hear from ya!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom