Curiosity

1. stiglitz Well Known Member Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_d8g0yiAl4

in the video above, this guy has a betta with 7 neon tetras in a 5 gallon tank. i know what you're thinking, OVERSTOCK. but with that aside, i was just curious, how does he feed them? is there a certain food that all kinds of fish can eat or what? because i have many different foods for different types of fish. i have flakes for tropical fish, flakes for goldfish, sinking pellets for goldfish, freeze dried blood worms, and floating pellets for bettas. so yeah, how do you think he feeds his fish? and if a tetra eats the pellets meant for the betta, what do you think would happen? just an interesting thought... cheers! :;hi1

2. bigblue55 Member Member

He probably fed his neons bloodworms or flakes, because they're really not that picky IME. The betta most likely eats what you suggested, like specially designed betta pellets. They will eat bloodworms, but IMO it takes a lot of coaxing.

3. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hmm, I think it's a case of the fast and the furious (so to speak).

It can sometimes be as simple as feeding in different corners of the tank - the betta will go to one, the neons the other.

But probably has different techniques for each species.