Cupramine vs Paraquard

1. virusmk Well Known Member Member

Hi all
    Before i start want to apologize to moderators as i was not sure where this tread would be appropriately placed

I am in a situation where i can not determine whichone of Seachem Paraguard or Cupramine will be more usefull.

I do have some sort of tiny whitish sort of worm lookalike parasites still present in my tank. Could not say for sure that they are some sort of parasite or ditritus worms and they are too small to be noticable on photo

Not long ago i used Flubendazole with great success but this little things are still present.

Now i just wonder which of this products will work as i do not want to dose my tank unnecessary

2. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

virusmk, i've never used cupramine since it is made from cooper based salt. i have used Paraguard which is aldehyde based. I would be careful dosing cupramine as when treating with cooper based medications, it usually makes the tank a death trap for any future additions of shrimp, snails or scaleless fish. Reading the FAQ's on Paraguard, Seachem states they dont market Paraguard as safe to use with inverts, though have had consumers report use of Paraguard is safe with inverts with no ill effects. If I had to make a choice, I would use Paraguard first.

3. virusmk Well Known Member Member

I dont have neather plan to have any inverts so it might be fine into that i suppose.

I have dosed dewormer nit long ago and soon i am about to give the last of 3 tratmens of kusuri (flubendazole) which is designed to kill all tape worms,fluke,in erts,planaria... but this little crowlers sims that have no effect on it. So having that in mind paraguard is mix of praziquantell and metro so i am not sure if this combination would be effective against them

They might be good and benefitial ditritus crowlers and kreaters but i do not want them in my tank.
    Thats why i was looking into somthing more extreme so i can get rid of them once of all.

4. Anita Vidgen Member Member

Can't beat the Waterlife products, especially if you have fish like Clown Loaches BGK etc

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I must be missing something here; did you say that they may well be harmless detris worms, but you are still willing to add a rather extreme chemical to get rid of them?
    Detris worms are good; over medicating a tank is not so good, as you did mention above.
    I think that I would rely on my fishes' behaviour prior to adding anything, in that if they seem fine, they likely are. Best, rick

6. virusmk Well Known Member Member

ricmcc i cant say for sure if they are ditritus or not for sure. Lately their population is expanding realy quick despite that i have cut to 3 feeds a day. They are getting noticable all over my tank and i do not like to see them all over the place.

And on top of that i think hex is slowly coming back and thats made me to think that some of those creatures inside could be harming my discuses