Cupid Likes Fish!

1. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I have Cupid my yellow-sided green cheek conure out for playtime. We decided to "meet" the fish. Karma & Kahn, the striped con pair in my bedroom have free-swimming fry. Cupid really enjoyed watching the "babies". He was all interested watching them. He met all the fish in the room except for the honduran red points, who were too shy. I can see he's going to be the next member of the family who wants his own tanks:;laughing

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:giggle: That's cute! Glad they're all getting along. :)

3. lorabell Well Known Member Member

hahaha....toooooooooooo cute!!!!!!...my little ciaque...loves my community tank...and my hawk head talks to my parrot fish babies!!!!

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. Lorabell if your Bloody Parrots (BP's)are any relation to the BP's that Shawnie has....it's no telling what your BP's are teaching your birds to say!:shock: :;rl
    BB I'm glad to hear your birds are enjoying your fish. I bet they would love a 55g of their own! :whistling:
    Ken

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks, everyone! Cupid says "uh-oh". I'm trying to teach him to say "fishy" and "baby fishy". We're also working on a few other things as well, but since he's so curious, we're working on learning what objects are. It's really cool. It's like having a baby in the house again.

He really likes to figure out how things work and he loves to try to take things apart.

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

He sounds wonderful and playful BB. Have you posted a photo of him before?
    Ken

7. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I did, but here's a few more (proud mama syndrome).

Lorabell has me on the "hmmm, can I add a parrot to my flock?" thought process as well. She's a wonderful bird enabler and has A LOT of knowledge about many different species:;hug2

Attached Files:

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

He's adorable BB! Thanks for posting more photos. I know Lori :) She bought my 72g and my155g tanks from me. Wonderful lady!
    Ken

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks, Ken. We love him. He adores Shelby, too! Tries to get to her any time she's in the room, even when I'm snuggling with him. She's still a bit skittish about holding him skin to skin, but she's coming around.

In regards to Lori-I TOTALLY AGREE:;toast. She's become a very dear friend of mine as well:) I guess great minds think alike;)

10. lorabell Well Known Member Member

awwwwe...I just adore u guys!!!!!!!...and I keep tellin Shawnie...I HAVE GOOD parrot babies!!!.....lol......

11. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

aww BB thats adorable! very cute LOL

you make me want parrots.... :rolleyes:

12. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks, Tony! They are so much fun! But different species have different "quirks" and personalities in addition to every bird being different, so if we can help in any research you're doing, please let us know;D

I got him some "thinking" toys today at Petsmart so he could see how they work. Thank goodness I can swap out toys regularly. Otherwise, he'd put me in the poorhouse.

13. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL you got me hunting on ebay :giggle: there's canaries in my area for 25 dlls.... not sure though... i have to get a cage first... LOL

14. aquatic mouse Well Known Member Member

At work I like to put the conure on my shoulder when I feed the fish. He loves it. His favorites are the guppies, mollys, swordtails, & tetras (colorful fish). The first time he ever saw the pacus he fell off my shoulder! They're about his size! He's a baby sun conure.

15. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's cute! I was putting Cupid on my shoulder, but then he'd bite me when I asked him to step up off of my shoulder, so we've stopped that for the time being. We'll do some more bonding and then try it again later.

16. Fishies-for-me Well Known Member Member

my p'let used to bite my neck when i 1st got him...he was not allowed on my shoulder for a long time but now is trustworthy there...good luck

17. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks, Cupid is a good boy, but he's young and still learning what's acceptable and what's not and what I'll let him get away with and what I won't.

Silly birdie babies. gotta love 'em:)